• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC I Bless the Rains Down In Eiphoria

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It is a dark day in the nation of Lumina, one of the Nine that bends their knee to the will of the Incandescent Empire. Black clouds block the sacred azure rays of Sorcen, the blue sun of Eiphoria, which casts a gloomy pall across the floating land of enchanted clouds. Normally this would be a good omen, as it would mean that the silver Rains would fall soon, nourishing the lands and warding off the creeping forces of those most ancient and unknowable entities, the Hours.

But no rain falls. So it has been for a fortnight, and the sorcerers and theurgists and rune-priests desperately continue to search for an answer even as Eiphoria begins to slowly dry, heralding an increase in activity for the cultists of the Mansus. The situation is becoming dire quickly, and while the Nine Nations seek to solve the problem with all due haste, only a few do so in tandem and cooperation, causing numerous issues to crop up.

At the behest of multiple powerful parties and organizations, five Eikons -- those blessed with the True Runes of the former Dolmen Gates -- have been gathered here in this place to investigate the cause of this potentially malevolent deprivation and solve it at any cost, for the Rains are vital to the continued existence of Eiphoria. Without them, both people and crops will eventually perish, and the machinations of the Mansus and its Hours will go unhindered, bringing doom to all.

Fortunately, the covenant of Eikons has been given a point to begin: the sun-soaked militia forces of the Luminous Protectorate captured a number of cultists in a daring raid into the shadowy Neath below the floating land, and among them was a female Know claiming esoteric knowledge of recent events. She has been imprisoned in the Merciless Chamber of Illuminated Revelation to await interrogation and torture, but the Eikons have been granted permission to try and extract the information beforehand by any means necessary.

Last edited:

Ramidel

Validated User
Merciless light? I wonder just how much of Lumina's underlying magic comes from the Mansus. The Luminauxi magi know nothing of what they oppose, if they name their structures after the conceits of the Hours. Then again, Lavinia reflected on how hard it was to uncover a Know unless one knew the secrets of the Mansus themselves. By some definitions, she was a Know herself, after all.

Regardless, she let the rest of the Eikons come in at their own pace, as they would. She instructed that the prisoner's legs be shackled to a chair on the other side of the table, and brought a pot of tea and some cups, where she kindly poured a cup for the prisoner.

"Good afternoon," she said kindly. "Why don't you begin by trying to hide all your secrets from us, hm?" she asked.

OOC: Lavinia invokes Disordered Minds. Effort is committed for the scene, and unless she can save vs. Spirit, the prisoner will completely fail at hiding her knowledge of what's going on. Which probably means that she'll think that the best way to keep her secrets or mislead us is to give a full and accurate accounting of what she knows.

ajdynon

Validated User
"I really don't want to hurt someone to get them to talk." Little Golden Sun says, "But lots of people are suffering without the rain, and I want to stop that even more. I'd be really grateful if you told us how to do that."

As the young girl talks, she absentmindedly plucks one of the thick iron bars from the door and begins twisting and curling it as a normal child would play with a piece of string.

Donan

Validated User
Ralash leaned against the door, carefully whittling a small piece of wood. He was a bulky man, dressed in a fur cloak and leathers and right now following the conversation, a hand rising to brush over his beard in thought. He as much as anyone else knew the dangers of this constant dry spell, but his own gifts weren't shaped for gaining information from prisoners. Nevertheless, he studied his comrades' methods, musing over his own options for getting involved.

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Draining the cup of luminary tea in one go, the half-crazed Know gives a wicked grin to all present before... suddenly telling everyone everything that she knows. Through a stream of consciousness babbling a single gem of knowledge can be extracted from the detritus: the Rains have been paused on purpose through the workings of an unimaginably powerful Name -- though ironically she doesn't ken the actual moniker of the being in question, nor is she aware as to why specifically they have been stopped in the heavens. However, she does reveal that her secret base in the Neath is still standing, and there lies more information she hasn't sorted through yet.

OOC: Spirit saving throw: 1d20 1. Well! That's a hell of a start.

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Eliah turns to Lavinia, not sure if she should be impressed or vaguely terrified. "Well, that was well done..."

Ramidel

Validated User
As soon as the girl started repeating herself in her babble, Lavinia dismissed the effect and smiled. "Thank you, you've been most helpful. I'll be sure to commend your cooperation to the guards." She looked between Eliah and Little Golden Sun and smiled. "There's no need for threats. Lots of people will tell you what you need to hear if you just ask."

Somehow, Lavinia's definition of "just ask" didn't seem to line up with the conventional understanding. She stood up and walked out into the anteroom with the other Eikons. "We know where we need to go. Shall we ask the blues to find us a skyship to travel there?"

ajdynon

Validated User
As soon as the girl started repeating herself in her babble, Lavinia dismissed the effect and smiled. "Thank you, you've been most helpful. I'll be sure to commend your cooperation to the guards." She looked between Eliah and Little Golden Sun and smiled. "There's no need for threats. Lots of people will tell you what you need to hear if you just ask."

Somehow, Lavinia's definition of "just ask" didn't seem to line up with the conventional understanding. She stood up and walked out into the anteroom with the other Eikons. "We know where we need to go. Shall we ask the blues to find us a skyship to travel there?"
"I wasn't threatening her!" Little Golden Sun pouts. "I was saying I didn't want to have to hurt her!"

Donan

Validated User
A faint smile plays over Ralesh's lips. "Your way is better." He notes. "Simpler, faster. And less stain on our own souls. And she will not even know the truth of what she gave us." He stretches, pondering. "I think it is time our enemies learned some fear. I agree to the airship, though I may fly on my own wings." He pauses. "Though, I can likely fly you all there myself.. hm, possibly, yes"

OOC: Given many skinned mantle's fairly broad, how large a flying creature do you think I could be?

Top Bottom