• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

I can watch The Expanse in Canada now. Hell yes! [Spoilers for season 1, till episode 4]

JoeNotCharles

Validated User
Oops, I'm going to have to drop out of the thread, I think. I was gonna ask people to sblock stuff after Season 1, but then I noticed people talking about Miller in the past tense, and it'd probably be too hard to stop stuff like that from slipping throuhg.

EvilSchemer

Well, I never!
Validated User
We're playing the Coriolis RPG right now and there are parts of that RPG that are clearly inspired by Firefly and parts that are clearly inspired by the Expanse. The story my GM just started is so close to Miller's story it's not even funny.

The frustrating thing is that neither the GM nor any of the players have seen an episode of the Expanse, and I'm all, "OH MY GOD! You HAVE to watch this show! You'll love it! It's fantastic! Why haven't you seen all three seasons yet??"

And they're all, "(shrug)".

And I reply, "AUUUGGHH!!!"

Rainfall

Validated User
Oops, I'm going to have to drop out of the thread, I think. I was gonna ask people to sblock stuff after Season 1, but then I noticed people talking about Miller in the past tense, and it'd probably be too hard to stop stuff like that from slipping throuhg.
Sorry 'bout that, it's on me. The tread title was from me discovering the show early in season one and I've tried to keep my posts spoiler-free but it's easy to let something slip. :(

Ashavan

Validated User
Yeah, most of the characters are very true to the books, personality-wise (and physically, at least in very general terms), but Holden is different. Book Holden has the same rebellious streak as Show Holden, but instead of being brooding, he's very earnest and seems to have an "all-American" look to him. I always pictured him as similar-looking to Nathan Fillion, and I wonder if the show wanted to move away from that in order to not be seen as derivative of Firefly. If so, maybe they overdid it, because they basically turned him into Space Jon Snow, physically and personality-wise. But whatever. It still works.

Spatula

More Ideas Than Time
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Nothing against the actor, but I do agree that Holden is the weak link in the cast. Whether that’s down to writing or acting or both I couldn’t say, but I’m inclined to think that maybe the actor isn’t up to the role.

Leif

Mountain Ape
RPGnet Member
Validated User
One cool detail I liked from the very first episode was how asteroid colonies have random small birds living on them, and those birds are lazy fuckers who barely have to bother flapping their wings in the low gravity. Lots of little show-not-tell stuff like that.

ogier300

Validated User
One cool detail I liked from the very first episode was how asteroid colonies have random small birds living on them, and those birds are lazy fuckers who barely have to bother flapping their wings in the low gravity. Lots of little show-not-tell stuff like that.
I liked that the Canterbury had rats.

Kovbasa

Validated User
Where in Canada can it be viewed streaming? Netflix, Hulu, Crave, Amazon..?
Amazon Prime has it. Netflix doesn't. I'm guessing that Hulu & Crave don't either, since Amazon owns it.

Does anybody know if season 4 will be released in bingable form, or will it be released one episode per week like season 2 of American Gods?

Top Bottom