I designed a free RPG guide for creating dream adventures. Reviews welcome!

Hey all,

As the GM of my party I was experimenting with introducing some lucid dreaming scenes into a recent campaign of ours. I wanted to bringe the gap between a campaign coming to an end and a new one opening, and I think it worked out pretty cool. I got so enthused that I went on creating a setting-free guide on how to build up dream adventures with the help of random lists. I actually made a free publication out of it, titled Lost in Dreamscapes, it's a free download at drivethrurpg.com.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/268408/Lost-in-Dreamscapes

If anybody would like to check it out and give some feedback on it, I'd be heaps grateful. Thanks all!

cloa513

Validated User
It is fine from reading the first five pages but there is problem that dreams generally involve only one player and that is awkward for other players.

It is fine from reading the first five pages but there is problem that dreams generally involve only one player and that is awkward for other players.
Thank you for making a point there. I believe that this is where the GM can get creative coming up with an idea for how the PCs end up having a shared lucid dream. The possibility for instance offered by the movie Inception is just one out of the countless. Once the how is settled with a little imagination, the dream adventure can be run as any other game, all PCs involved. Our game tests have proved that such a game was highly enjoyable, and even if it not totally realistic (but hey, what IS realistic in RPGs), in the end it's the fun the party is having that matters for most people.

Octiron

Pariah
Validated User
I liked it quite a bit for its purpose, which is to spur a lot of ideas for this sort of episode in play.

It does need some editing, just going after spelling errors and making the tables a little cleaner.

But really a cool idea and well executed.

I liked it quite a bit for its purpose, which is to spur a lot of ideas for this sort of episode in play.

It does need some editing, just going after spelling errors and making the tables a little cleaner.

But really a cool idea and well executed.
Thanks for the valuable feedback! Will do a cleanup to it soon.

Top Bottom