• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

I get it now...

R

RPGnet Columns

Post originally by count0 at 2005-07-08 04:41:17
Converted from Phorums BB System

He doesn't want competition from people who aren't in it to make a living. If he discourages people like me, more business for him!

I can understand that, but he should have just said that up front.

;P

R

RPGnet Columns

Post originally by Lloyd Brown at 2005-07-08 09:05:26

Actually, just the opposite will happen if anybody listens to me. I don't submit to those low-paying markets, so if people polish who are currently doing that polish their work a couple of more times and submit to higher-paying markets, I might get bumped once or twice.

It happens.

I'll write more.

Publishers win because they get better choice. Gamers win because the bar for product quality goes up. I feel I'm up to the challenge.

R

RPGnet Columns

Post originally by Louis Porter Jr. at 2005-07-11 12:54:19

Actually it won't happen. What will happen is that same thing that is going on in the "real" business world, publishers will look overseas to find people who are willing to do the work at the price you are paying. Look at China and area of publishing. Hell what you say in your article is the reason I don't use US artist anymore. I can get a better deal getting people from Brazil, Peru or South East Asia for 1/10th the price of a US artist. All you are doing for me, Mr. Brown, is giving me a reason to talke my money and business away from you and take it overseas.

R

RPGnet Columns

Post originally by Chris Engle at 2005-08-12 12:29:00

Can you tell us more about how to find over seas artists? I'm intrigued (blood sucking capitalist that I am).

Top Bottom