• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

I have played Root, and it is an amazing game

Katsue

Young Witch
Validated User
It's a pity that Workshops etc. aren't double-sided. It seems like it would have been an obvious thing to do from the point of view of visibility.

Tokezo Tenken

I R Serious Monkey
Validated User
It's a pity that Workshops etc. aren't double-sided. It seems like it would have been an obvious thing to do from the point of view of visibility.
I picked up some translucent plastic cubes colored orange, blue, and green. When you activate the token just place a cube on it.

Mapache

Trickster God
Validated User
Everybody apart from the Vagabond and the Otters crafts as a single step with nothing else in between, so it's really simple to look at the board and see that you have crafting power of three fox, a rabbit, and a mouse, so you can play one two-fox card and one one-of-each card, and in practice you will seldom be crafting more than one card a turn. The vagabond flips their hammers, so it's tracked, and the otters park funds on their craft spots, so it's tracked.

Deflare

Validated User
I picked up this game recently, and I'm really excited to play it with people. I did a couple of solo games against the Mechanical Marquise as the Eyrie. I could see that there was a really good game waiting for me there, but the solo play rules are... not great. Mostly, the MechaMarquise is stupidly powerful and runs away with the game in a way that left me going, "Did I miss something?" after my first game. Nope, it's just like that.

Boardgame Geek had a few alternate rules for solo play that might make it less a pain in the butt. If nothing else, it feels like a good way to learn how the different factions work by playing them out against this immutable orange wall.

Breogan

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I played again a few days ago, after I finally got my copy I've been waiting for half a year... and played someone else because now we have like 4 in the club

I'm still unsure about the game. First look is amazing. But play is ... I'm starting to think that it is a game you need to play a lot so everybody is good or you will lose or win by well, not much but the fact that nobody realized you were going to do so. I won the game as the Vagabond with the beaver and 2 turns of Favor of the X, in a great deal because nobody realized that and they were too busy fighting the Cat who almost won.

Again, I see a lot of potential, but maybe a lot of randomness too, and needs a lot of play to get to see which is which. Lets hope we actually test it - club is half divided into GREAT GAME and DONT WANT TO.

Top Bottom