• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

I have watched my first anime

Afterburner

Remarkably expressive bandages
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Seven Deadly Sins is available on Netflix if that's how you're watching, and it is a fantastic action anime.

It is set in an anachronistic quasi-medieval quasi-Britain, and features characters who are absolute Solar Exalt-level super-badasses. There are fights where weapons are hurled miles away over a mountain. There are fights where the combatants are punched hard enough to send them flying miles away. Or punched hard enough to leave a crater in the ground. There are scenes where even the weakest characters do something badass to thwart their more powerful opponents, and you will pump your fist and cheer.

The only fly in the ointment is that the main male protagonist is VERY gropey with the main female protagonist. There is genuine affection and romantic attraction between the two, so it's not quite as skeevy as it could be, but it's still skeevy. And it's always played for laughs because ha ha sexual assault ha ha.

Aside from that, it's lighthearted and positive and upbeat. The heroes are all likeable and complex, and even the bad guys get interesting story arcs. I've watched it four times now: twice by myself, once with my son, and once again recently with my son, my daughter, and my daughter's best friend. They're all in the 12-14 age range, and we had a brief chat beforehand about the gropey bits. And they all absolutely loved the show and it's now their favorite anime ever. And it's good enough that I haven't minded rewatching it a few times.

Cenobite

Whiteside Pawn 909
Validated User
Seven Deadly Sins is available on Netflix if that's how you're watching, and it is a fantastic action anime.

The only fly in the ointment is that the main male protagonist is VERY gropey with the main female protagonist. There is genuine affection and romantic attraction between the two, so it's not quite as skeevy as it could be, but it's still skeevy. And it's always played for laughs because ha ha sexual assault ha ha.
This is a great little show, though yeah, the grope stuff gets old. That being said, I think the very first instance has a genuinely funny punchline.

Afterburner

Remarkably expressive bandages
RPGnet Member
Validated User
This is a great little show, though yeah, the grope stuff gets old. That being said, I think the very first instance has a genuinely funny punchline.
I have a grudging admiration for the way Meliodas identifies the real Elizabeth in Ep. 3. Like, it's cheesy fan service. But it's clever.

Top Bottom