• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

I just picked up Untold - Adventures Await -

6inTruder

Oscars are Duche!
Validated User
Ah! My story cubes order arrived today!!! Now I can add Fright, Medic, Animalia, Prehistoria, Mythic & Medieval. Now I just need to figure out these weird boxes to get them open.

John

Validated User
I've used it for a few sessions recently and been very happy with it. I've used both its native resolution and the cards from my game Beautiful Anomalies, and I was very happy with both.

I've used it with the Doctor Who set and the Mysteries set, with a little bit of mixing around.
It works great!

I'm planning on using it with my Wushu monsterpunk hack tomorrow!
Wow. I'm totally honored, especially with the integration of game elements from your brilliant Beautiful Anomalies. And "Wushu monsterpunk"? Where's a heart-sighing-in-a-mix-of-admiration-and-envy emoji when you need one...

Ah! My story cubes order arrived today!!! Now I can add Fright, Medic, Animalia, Prehistoria, Mythic & Medieval. Now I just need to figure out these weird boxes to get them open.
Hooray! Get crazy with those MIX sets!

Early on, we promoted a list of brief "MIX recipes" - both serious and silly - to highlight how simple, evocative combinations can inspire engaging sessions. Here's a MIX recipe using Animalia that was a true favorite of playtesters:

SUPER ANIMAL CITY - Zootopia meets Marvel Superheroes
STORY CUBES: Animalia, Clues, Powers
HEROES: Anthropomorphic, super-powered animal crime fighters
THREATS: Anthropomorphic animal super villains and their evil schemes

We still laugh about Doom Sloth's really really slow villainy to this day!

Wulfgar22

Validated User
I was in on the Kickstarter for this. I've played it several times with my kids (now 10 and 13), have all the dice and have enjoyed it immensely. That said...it feels more like a collaborative 'lets make a movie' or 'write a comic' game than an immersive RPG. Not a criticism as we've enjoyed it for what it is...but it doesn't really scratch the same RPG itch for me.

Last edited:

Miss Atomic Bomb

Welcome to your life. There's no turning back.
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Wow. I'm totally honored, especially with the integration of game elements from your brilliant Beautiful Anomalies.
Thanks! We used the basic resolution from BA, but just drew cards from the deck for opposition instead of having a GM play them. Worked like a charm.

And "Wushu monsterpunk"? Where's a heart-sighing-in-a-mix-of-admiration-and-envy emoji when you need one...
Wushu's a natural fit for Untold, I think, because the heart of it is pacing. Untold structures the story, Wushu structures the scenes.

I'm also noodling using the cards and cubes for Miserable Secrets.

It's a really good game, is what I'm saying!

NinjaWeasel

Both Cute and Stealthy
Validated User
Does anyone know where I can get a set of Atomic story cubes? Amazon UK has the rampage set but not the Atomic ones it seems. :(

NinjaWeasel

Both Cute and Stealthy
Validated User

Lille Drage

Validated User
You are welcome. I didn't know about that Arcade set. Just looked it up on Boardgamegeek. Now I need that in my life! :love:

Top Bottom