• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

I just picked up Untold - Adventures Await -

NinjaWeasel

Both Cute and Stealthy
Validated User
It happened and it went okay. It didn't quite go how I expected but it was fun! I used the 3 x Atomic cube, 3 x Arcade, and 3 x Voyages. Things were a little clunky and slow moving but not as a result of any problems with the rules. It takes a bit of time to get used to how the game plays and some of the dice were a little tricky to interpret in the context of the story too. They were not unexpected issues for a first session.

I kind of hoped that we'd be out of the Vault and into the Wastelands pretty soon but we spent almost all of the session in the Vault. The premise was built upon a Pill symbol and an Ant symbol. Essentially a bunch of giant fire ants had infiltrated the vault somehow and were wrecking the medical wing. Unfortunately they destroyed a large amount of medication and stim-packs before they were seemingly brought under control. Things were complicated by the presence of a Fire Ant Queen and that The Overseer had deliberately hatched the eggs as part of an elaborate conspiracy to destroy a rival. Then the plot got complicated! It certainly couldn't be fully resolved in one episode but it did set up a lot of interesting rivalries and story hooks for future episodes.

John

Validated User
Essentially a bunch of giant fire ants had infiltrated the vault somehow and were wrecking the medical wing. Unfortunately they destroyed a large amount of medication and stim-packs before they were seemingly brought under control. Things were complicated by the presence of a Fire Ant Queen and that The Overseer had deliberately hatched the eggs as part of an elaborate conspiracy to destroy a rival.
Well, that seems about right. :)

Then the plot got complicated! It certainly couldn't be fully resolved in one episode but it did set up a lot of interesting rivalries and story hooks for future episodes.
First sessions always blossom with many possibilities, especially when the action is set in a familiar world, but the plot lines won't meander as you play subsequent games. Whether in solo or group play, arcs will come together as they are channeled through the 5 Scene Tile system. That's how we landed on "seasons" of 7 episodes in length to bring bigger arcs to satisfying fruition.

Still, you can make a storyline shorter (three-parters work very nicely at times) or longer if desired. Right now, I'm playing a weekly solo wuxia series I call "Empire of Endless Blades" and I'm completely ignoring the 7-episode season for a bigger, more epic feel. I'll see how far I can take it!

Top Bottom