• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

I need your aquatic villains

Marcantony

Validated User
Its for a superhero game but it doesnt matter if its a fantasy or space villain. Does anyone have any ocean based bad guys? They dont necessarily have to have super powers; Black Manta is quite deadly with just his tech.

mediapig

Validated User
In my old Heroes Unlimited game, there was a team of sea based villains called "The Sea Devils" ( no relationship to the DC team. The leader was named Kracken, and wore deep sea diving power armor with 4 tentacles. (Iron Man meets doc Ock). There was also Mermaid (an actual Mermaid, who could shapeshift into sea creatures) and Thresher (aquatic alien physical training who fought with two atlantean swords).

MoonHunter

Game Guru-Thread Shepherd
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I stick to Atlanteans (of the Marvel Mode) and some Aliens who live underwater and are the source of USO. Atlanteans are big, strong, and have a somewhat barbaric background... despite having tech just a bit beyond our own and some magic. The Aliens well I tend to go with Psionic Jellies or Octopai and green "Greys".

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
So here's an odd one from a campaign I did, very loosely based on Nation by Terry Pratchett. Spoilers below.

Sahuagin worship Locatha, the God of Death. They're a major threat in their waters, and will launch raids on human settlements when they can. The major antagonist was twofold. The High Priest of Locatha as a war leader is the direct threat, and he's got a nasty tendency to feed his enemies to the sea. But he's just the dragon, the main characters are also having antagonistic visions of Locatha himself. A typical example: a PC is knocked unconscious and find they can't be awakened, while they have a vision of being pursued by Locatha in the form of a great shark. It's clearly a metaphor for running from death and they are doing shockingly well at escaping, until Locatha mockingly points out that they've been running the wrong way... and fighting their way out again has now gotten that much harder. Spirit quest rescue ensues.

Spoiler: Show
Locatha isn't actually trying to kill the PCs, though he'll never tell them that until the end. He's TESTING them to see if they're worthy. He's a death god much more in the vein of the Black Rabbit of Watership Down, or Death of Diskworld, and doesn't approve of his priesthood. If they play their cards right, and pass his tests, and most importantly accept, he will depose his priesthood in their favor and make them his representatives on Earth.

Craig Oxbrow

Ah, y'know. This guy.
Validated User
I knew there was a previous thread looking for aquatic supers, and looking it up, I see the OP started it! So leaving a link for the sake of other interested parties.

Since then I ran an Icons game where one of the PCs was a runaway princess of Lemuria, so I grabbed some undersea villains for the first big adventure, using visuals from on DeviantArt, such as...
Admiral Kraken of the Atlantean fleet, who is just doing his job to the best of his abilities - his job is unfortunately invading the surface world
Skull And Crossbones the Ghost Pirate
Jolly Roger the steampunk Laser Pirate... but both would perhaps be a bit much
Cetacius the Sentry for your big monster
Jenny Greenteeth, although she's actually a fresh water monster

phred

Validated User

thewhippinggirl

Still being assembled.
Validated User
Not mine but a London based super hero game had Father Thames. I played the character briefly and it was a lot of fun. After a girl falls into the Thames and drowns during a horrible murder, the spirit of the famous river possesses her and reanimates her with the power of water. An aquatic Specter.

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
Stone Bloom. This oddly named villain is the Poison Ivy of Coral. They can command it, make it move, radically speed it’s growth, and more. They have a wide variety of associated poison powers, and have secondary command of the wide variety of life you would find in a coral reef.

They are, naturally, quite mad at humans. They have a habit of sinking ships or other objects and turning them into artificial reefs overnight. Ideally in a place that will cause a wreck, leading to another ship to grow...

Marcantony

Validated User
I knew there was a previous thread looking for aquatic supers, and looking it up, I see the OP started it! So leaving a link for the sake of other interested parties.

Since then I ran an Icons game where one of the PCs was a runaway princess of Lemuria, so I grabbed some undersea villains for the first big adventure, using visuals from on DeviantArt, such as...
Admiral Kraken of the Atlantean fleet, who is just doing his job to the best of his abilities - his job is unfortunately invading the surface world
Skull And Crossbones the Ghost Pirate
Jolly Roger the steampunk Laser Pirate... but both would perhaps be a bit much
Cetacius the Sentry for your big monster
Jenny Greenteeth, although she's actually a fresh water monster
Jesus Christ, I totally forgot about that thread, I dont remember things as well as I use to when I when I was younger. I guess its different enough though.

Thanks for finding it.

And thank you to everyone for what youve posted so far.

RadioKen

well versed in chalupa law
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I have an Atlantean warlord named Baron Kuda, but he's really not that different from Attuma.

Top Bottom