• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

I poke it with my 10 foot pole...

Wolfgar

Validated User
I never bought ten foot poles. I couldn't get my head around how stupid it would look to be lugging one around.

IvanMike

Validated User
But it's perfect where it is. ;)

Queen-sized frame up two turns in the stairs? Now that was a challenge. :D
rope it and hoist it up outside the rails. - yeah, been there, done that - almost killed myself before some genius told me how to do it, rope trick worked in 90 seconds. :eek:

Starlight

Retired User
When I started playing D&D at 3rd ed, everyone showed up to the game - the first roleplaying game anyone in the group had played, btw - with at least one ten foot pole. They remained useful for the entire game - even in the dungeon where the PCs hadn't remembered to stock up and they had to nurse a single 10-foot pole through the dungeon, after which it was only about three feet long (crushed by a rock, snapped by a falling block, poked into acid, and sliced by a spear trap). It took us a while to understand the usefulness of strong rope, and of manacles, and especially of the ever-useful stoppered flask, but something in our blood called out for ten-foot poles.

Come to think of it, I don't think anyone in the 4e game I'm in has a ten-foot pole, what with us being escaped slaves and all. I'll have to stock up when we get to a settlement.

Last edited:

Felius

Retired User
I've been thinking about it, how one could make some item with infinite uses of "summon sheep"?

It would be an interesting way to deal with traps.

Ka_ge2020

Validated User
rope it and hoist it up outside the rails. - yeah, been there, done that - almost killed myself before some genius told me how to do it, rope trick worked in 90 seconds. :eek:
You just failed your Leverage Mastermind skill. There's a 6' maximum height on the stair and I can touch my elbows against opposite sides of the stair. Then you've got the angle of the raisers themselves.

The person that helped might have been a wizard... ;)

(Of course, I might have not got what you meant by "rails" there!)

Toadmaster

Validated User
Oh, yeah I forgot about iron spikes and the 50 foot rope. I knew it wasn't just me.

One of the non-TSR supplements had a magic ring of gumbos, that allowed the owner to summon a gumbo. Gumbos were basically a brainless biped useful for opening doors, setting off traps etc, so basically a walking 10 foot pole.

Top Bottom