• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

I was reincarnated as a Manga & Written Japanese discussion thread (Part 3!)

Ultimate Chicken

Social Justice Chicken
Validated User
Wait, really? I guess I'll cancel my plans to restart reading, I have a deep hatred for the concept of conscription.

Though maybe I shouldn't be surprised, I think it was my discomfort with something else he did that got me to stop reading in the first place.
To be fair his is a purely volunteer army, it's not the medieval "give them swords" one and he hasn't invented guns yet, so he's just giving them a 6 month basic survival course.

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers Vol 1 -3: I like this series a lot. The writing is good, the characters and mystery are interesting. My only problem is I'm fairly sure I've been spoiled on the traitor some time ago. Why do I remember worthless things like spoilers for a book series I only recently decided to read while I can't remember the syntax of programming languages I use. 5/5
I'm a fan of it too- are you on the manga or light novel? The manga's the first LN only, at which point you'll have to switch over if you want to continue (which I recommend!).

CynoT

Nuclear Energy Advocate
RPGnet Member
Validated User
To be fair his is a purely volunteer army, it's not the medieval "give them swords" one and he hasn't invented guns yet, so he's just giving them a 6 month basic survival course.
Wait, is it conscription or all-volunteer? Because an army can't be both. By definition if the army is purely a volunteer force it can't have conscription. I am confused.

Freedom Geek

Transhuman Cyborg
Validated User
Wait, is it conscription or all-volunteer? Because an army can't be both. By definition if the army is purely a volunteer force it can't have conscription. I am confused.
I second their confusion. Ok back on the maybe list then, I think I actually *have* gotten past that bit and I just didn't consider it to be conscription.

If I remember correctly the thing that made me stop was:
Spoiler: Show

A pretty brutal way of handling spies.

Ultimate Chicken

Social Justice Chicken
Validated User
Eh, technically he rallied his entire city to his side by telling them they can't retreat to a known ally for the monster season anymore, and then promised everyone a huge reward for taking part. Does that count?

Victim

Validated User
You could have some general purpose conscription for labor and make the army part volunteer only.

acksed

Validated User
I did it. I actually bought the vending machine isekai LN.

First three volumes were in my LCS and I bought the lot. So far it's basically 'slice-of-life shopkeeper inside a dungeon'. I am on board with this.

Ultimate Chicken

Social Justice Chicken
Validated User
I Hate Being In Pain, So It's All Points Into Defense (Itai no wa Iya nanode Bōgyo-Ryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu) (Manga) #6

A Sally focused chapter, as our resident Wall of Exploit cannot breathe underwater long enough.

Sally gets skills and gear nearly as b0rken as our heroine. Sure, she now has a rather oof attack penalty and the new equipment doesn't have our heroine's break-evolution properties, but Sally is well on her way to becoming Neo from the Matrix.

Spoiler: Show
Sally pretty much gets to guarantee null 1 attack 10 times a day, and the ability to cast area slow affecting everyone else except herself! I think that attack debuff she chose to take doesn't matter!

(Seriously tho. What is it with this game? Soloing bosses - which cannot be solo'd unless you have accidentally found a way to minmax like our duo here - gives OP equipment? I'm happy that rewards are given for doing things that are thought to be impossible, but still...)

Last edited:
Top Bottom