I was reincarnated as a Manga & Written Japanese discussion thread (Part 3!)

Icarium

Validated User
J-Novel Club announced five licenses today, including two Yuri titles (A Scifi one and one about a vampire seeking a 'little sister') for those who like Yuri, two Isekai (Including a family isekai about a guy who marries a goddess and their /house/ gets the weird powers), and /Crest of the Stars/, which I'm ecstatic about. :)

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
J-Novel Club announced five licenses today, including two Yuri titles (A Scifi one and one about a vampire seeking a 'little sister') for those who like Yuri, two Isekai (Including a family isekai about a guy who marries a goddess and their /house/ gets the weird powers), and /Crest of the Stars/, which I'm ecstatic about. :)
YEEEES! Crest!

I have the old translation and they’re clunky as heck.

Ultimate Chicken

Social Justice Chicken
Validated User
I Hate Being In Pain, So It's All Points Into Defense (Itai no wa Iya nanode Bōgyo-Ryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu) (Manga) #7

No! They nerfed our MC's build! The horror! Well even Maple saw it coming. At least she and Sally reached floor 2 before the patch.

No matter. The lack of playtesting in the game means our heroine will find... other ways to break the game. Especially when they're still adding new features...

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I Hate Being In Pain, So It's All Points Into Defense (Itai no wa Iya nanode Bōgyo-Ryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu) (Manga) #7

No! They nerfed our MC's build! The horror! Well even Maple saw it coming. At least she and Sally reached floor 2 before the patch.

No matter. The lack of playtesting in the game means our heroine will find... other ways to break the game. Especially when they're still adding new features...
Wow, that is the first time I've ever seen a nerf in a MMORPG manga!

Normally it's more like "they made a gamebreaking item but decided not to make any more so only those super-lucky original players can ever get it," style management.

acksed

Validated User
The Female Knight That Came To Live With Us 22: Oh that's OK, I wasn't using that heart or anything. ;_;
Spoiler: Show
His crops are dead, kitchen garden's nearly dead, and Chris isn't there any more. I'd say we've hit rock-bottom.

Some commenter made a good point: now that you can't sit there and get attacked any more, Maple's defence skills are unique, and no-one can raise them to that level again. It's a net gain for her OPness.

junglefowl26

Validated User
Wow, that is the first time I've ever seen a nerf in a MMORPG manga!

Normally it's more like "they made a gamebreaking item but decided not to make any more so only those super-lucky original players can ever get it," style management.
I know right?

I remember thinking about the overpowered defense strategy in Overlord and thinking "This is presented as respected and cool in the story, but it seems to me that it would be nerfed quickly or at least have players asking for it to be nerfed"

Top Bottom