• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

I was reincarnated as a Manga & Written Japanese discussion thread (Part 3!)

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Log Horizon-

Earlier in the thread I complained about Naotsugu‘s perviness and I was reassured he’d show up less later on. I was fairly doubtful because he seemed part of the ‘main trio’ in the first one, so even less is probably gonna be too much, right? Wrong! He’s technically around in that he’s mentioned doing stuff, but I don’t think he’s had a line in the last three volumes I’ve read!

The focus really is on Shiroe, Akatsuki, Minori, and Rayneshia. I hear he has role again in a bit, but on the whole the series has improved and is smoother now than the early volumes, and the shift of POVs helps.

E.K.K.R

Validated User
One Piece 951

...that's a lot of subtext. I'm not imagining things, right? I mean, that was basically foreplay.

Naeddyr

two
Validated User
... I kinda hate it that hearing your vague speech about people smooching is giving me motivation to catch up with years and years of chapters.

E.K.K.R

Validated User
I 50% thought they were going to smooch before I hit the last page. :D
I fully expect things to proceed off-screen, and when we next see them afterwards they'll be sitting/laying down on the ground next to each other, with huge number of empty liqueur bottles and food containers all around them reminiscing about the good old times.

... I kinda hate it that hearing your vague speech about people smooching is giving me motivation to catch up with years and years of chapters.
Dooo iiiittt....

One Piece is so much better when you can read huge chunks at a time.

Chekhov's Balloon

We were lovers
Validated User
I like that Oda has given us two characters with an old relationship with each other but who aren't built around the old relationship. They're fully-realized characters who just happen to have some history together.

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Post skip OP has had a lot of weak parts, but Wano has been really solid.

Ian_the_Skinny

Validated User
Just now read Spy X Family which is kind of great. Highly recommended. Short story long: in an alternative (not communist) West Germany, the spy Twilight gets a mission to infiltrate a school in order to come in contact with a politicians... And he has to get a kid and marry to do that. So he goes to an orphanage.. And picks up, unknowingly, an escaped psychic girl, who loves spy stuff. And then he goes to a clothing store and picks up a new wife, who is secretly a socially clueless assassin trying to find herself her own murder-beard. Can be read gratis on https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/titles/100056 Shueisha's Mangaplus.
I really enjoyed that, thanks. I knew this was a winner as soon as Lloyd said his wedding vows with a grenade pin as a ring

Top Bottom