• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

I was reincarnated as a Manga & Written Japanese discussion thread (Part 3!)

Ultimate Chicken

Social Justice Chicken
Validated User
The Pharmacist's Monologue (Kusuriya no Hitorigoto) #28

...someone ought to tell Maomao that she's actually on a date. :3

Ultimate Chicken

Social Justice Chicken
Validated User
The World Is Full Of Monsters, So I'll Live As I Please (Monster ga Afureru Sekai ni Natta Node Suki ni Ikitai to Omoimasu )(Manga) #1-2

The first sign of trouble came when, far too early in the morning, our unnamed MC accidentally ran a dog of unusual size over with his car. To his surprise, the corpse prompty disappeared, leaving him a core - and nabbing him what looked like one of those system messages. He at first chalked it up to way too much overtime at his cliched black company - but hours later, after catching up on his sleep debt, he wakes up to find his electricity's off.

Outside the window, the world had ended, overrun with creatures you'd find from a JRPG.

And then he finds that he has an item box and a status window, meaning he's a game character now! This would have a lot more fun if there were save points and permadeath wasn't on. The first thing he needs to do is find out if anyone else managed to survive day zero of the video game apocalypse...

This tale is what's more likely to happen when fantasyland invades the real world, as opposed to Gate which shows that our disaster prevention and armed response is perfectly capable of handling these scenarios because the administration says so.

There's actually a similar story Let's Be An Adventurer - Defeating Dungeons With A Skill Board, only in this tale's case, Japan was completely unprepared for the extra-dimensional incursion.

Shay Guy

Validated User
Oh hey, the AssClass guy has a new oneshot in Jump! *reads F-Ken*

Well. That, um. Sure was a manga?

In other Jump news, The Last Saiyuki continues to rush to a conclusion, but I think they might actually be trying to extend the life of Yui Kamio Lets Loose. Pity; I like the characters and art in the former better.

I like what Act-age is doing with Chiyoko.
Just now read Spy X Family which is kind of great. Highly recommended. Short story long: in an alternative (not communist) West Germany, the spy Twilight gets a mission to infiltrate a school in order to come in contact with a politicians... And he has to get a kid and marry to do that. So he goes to an orphanage.. And picks up, unknowingly, an escaped psychic girl, who loves spy stuff. And then he goes to a clothing store and picks up a new wife, who is secretly a socially clueless assassin trying to find herself her own murder-beard. Can be read gratis on https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/titles/100056 Shueisha's Mangaplus.
Ooh, this is good. Wish the site had an RSS feed, though.

Last edited:

acksed

Validated User
Dungeon Meshi 57: Marcille is dangerously cute here, as we flash back to when she first came to the dungeon to be a part of the party.
Spoiler: Show
Only she would be overjoyed to be resurrected. They really are similar.

NathanS

Validated User
Dungeon Meshi 57: Looks like the shipping war over which sibling gets with Marcille has started in the fandom in full over this chapter.

Shay Guy

Validated User
Spy x Family chapter 11: Mostly setup, but there should be some good sparks flying next time. Also, apparently she’s “Ania” now?

Ivan Stupidor

Parenthetical Expression
Validated User
Spy x Family chapter 11: Mostly setup, but there should be some good sparks flying next time. Also, apparently she’s “Ania” now?
It's not really surprising after they changed the other two family member's names. The author seems to be a stickler for using exactly the names he envisioned, probably because the setting and premise means that we'll be seeing people's names written out in-story (as opposed to in speech bubbles) fairly often and he wants things to be consistent with the speech bubbles.

Shay Guy

Validated User
It's not really surprising after they changed the other two family member's names. The author seems to be a stickler for using exactly the names he envisioned, probably because the setting and premise means that we'll be seeing people's names written out in-story (as opposed to in speech bubbles) fairly often and he wants things to be consistent with the speech bubbles.
Yeah, but "Loid" still looks weirder than "Lloyd". :p And amplifying the confusion, it seems that the English release has been modifying the names when they appear in the pictures -- compare the marriage certificate in chapter 3, or the sign on... Ania's... room in chapter 10, with the Spanish release. (Though they left "Yor" as it was in chapter 2.)

GaoGaiGar

Is anyone REALLY a
Validated User
I read the Certain Scientific Railgun manga, but don't follow the Magical Index LNs or manga spinoff. Is there a guide to which Railgun volumes tie in with which Index stories? In volume 14, it's the second time one of the cast has shown up showing the results of a severe injury that wasn't there in the last manga volume.

Top Bottom