• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

I was reincarnated as a Manga & Written Japanese discussion thread (Part 3!)

Shay Guy

Validated User
Which is the proper thread to discuss when a light novel/manga gets an anime announcement? It's a bit ambiguous.

Because Ascendance of a Bookworm is getting an anime!
Whoa. As you may recall, that was not one I expected.

How reliable is ryokutya2089.com? There's a number of hits for 本好きの下剋上 アニメ on Twitter from the past few hours, so the news seems to be making the rounds in Japan, but I'm a little hesitant to start celebrating.

Freedom Geek

Transhuman Cyborg
Validated User
My body is ready.

(also, the light novels have found a new translator. Jubilation!)
Are they up to the old level of quality?
Whoa. As you may recall, that was not one I expected.

How reliable is ryokutya2089.com? There's a number of hits for 本好きの下剋上 アニメ on Twitter from the past few hours, so the news seems to be making the rounds in Japan, but I'm a little hesitant to start celebrating.
All I know is that Moetron is a pretty reliable source so if they think it's a good source then it probably is maybe?

Cannonball

So bouncy!
Validated User
Are they up to the old level of quality?
Perhaps not quite to the same level - though that could be any combination of having just started, different translators bringing a different feel to the work or something else - but definitely good enough to read without complaint.

Unseenlibrarian

Definitely NOT a Monkey.
Validated User
On a relevant to both the RPG forums and this thread note, this is apparently a thing that happened.
Konosuba: the tabletop RPG.

Seems to be coming from the FEAR team, who publish Double Cross/DX, the recently kickstarted for an English translation Kamigakari, and Tenra Bansho Zero.

I'm going to assume that like 100 of the 320 pages are a magic system and half of those pages are just Explosion and upgrades you can buy for explosion.

I'm informed "Reincarnator" is one of the available game backgrounds!

Last edited:

Law Orc

Quasi-Possum
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
On a relevant to both the RPG forums and this thread note, this is apparently a thing that happened.

Seems to be coming from the FEAR team, who publish Double Cross/DX, the recently kickstarted for an English translation Kamigakari, and Tenra Bansho Zero.

I'm going to assume that like 100 of the 320 pages are a magic system and half of those pages are just Explosion and upgrades you can buy for explosion.
Be funny if two thirds of the book were for regular adventures and then there was a big section on Gamebreaking Isekai Cheat Stuff.

Kreuzritter

Validated User

Of course. as I understand it

Spoiler: Show
It was Aqua's go-to solution for every single problem prior to Kazuma

Count_Zero

Game Master
Validated User

Well, I bought Tenra Bansho Zero, I backed Kamagakari, and I believe I've picked up all the books for Double Cross/DX, so... fingers crossed?

Dzhay

Trust a flumph.
Validated User
This seems like a good place to ask: most of the recently-popular subgenre of "reincarnated as the villain in an otome game" stories seem to share remarkably similar set-ups, plot beats and even character designs. Is there a particular game that these stories are cribbing off?

Kurotowa

Weird Science Nut
Validated User
This seems like a good place to ask: most of the recently-popular subgenre of "reincarnated as the villain in an otome game" stories seem to share remarkably similar set-ups, plot beats and even character designs. Is there a particular game that these stories are cribbing off?
AFAIK it's an entire sub-genre of otome games, not one game or game series in particular. If there was a Dragon Quest sized monolith shaping things I think I'd have heard of it. Instead I suspect these otome games are like the American romance novel sub-genre where the tropes are heavily codified and repeated. Which is why there are so many amateur authors saying, "Wait a minute, are these heroines breaking up engagements really that good, and for that matter don't the villains get too raw a deal for what are honestly pretty minor crimes?"

Top Bottom