• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC IC -- A Fistful of Credits

CaliberX

Registered User
Validated User
Alatar Diaz, Ley Line Walker

"This isn't going to be easy. That's a decently sized force and this is flat land. Not much use for defending, and they have mobility this town lacks. But we told Ned we'd stand with you and we meant it." Alatar sighs as he takes a seat, introducing himself. Thinking back to strategy sessions from his father's bunker, he starts going down a mental checklist that had been hammered into him young.

"We'll need information if we're going to protect you. You said they had vehicles similar to ours; how many did you see? Can you describe them? Were there any markings you can remember, on either vehicle or the individuals you saw? How much longer until the month they gave you is up? Even with us here, this is going to be a dangerous venture. We won't let anyone come to harm if we can stop it, but we aren't gods."

Spoiler: Show
OOC: Any hits from lore on any of those descriptions? Alatar is also listening with his Intelligence training for any officer markings or other insignia that might provide extra info about these raiders.
 

Sabermane

Proud Fianna knight of hope and peace
Validated User
Qinn
From the window, "you folks chap anybody off looking to buy land or food lately?"
 

The Watcher

Cosmic Observer
Validated User
Felix Pryde, Operator

"Is there any sort of underground spaces in the area?" Felix asks the assembled townsfolk. "Storm shelters or mines or something? Ideally any fights would take place far from town but if things happen closer then the safest place as far as avoiding stray shots would probably be below ground level."
 

thirdkingdom

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Raven Eagle, Techno-Wizard

"That was all they asked about?" Raven asks the elder. "They didn't say anything about turning any of your people over to them, like mages or psychics or D-Bees? I know this is a difficult question, but were you hiding any people from them?"
Older Woman

A woman in the crowd speaks up, her hair silver in the lamp-light. "No, we're not hiding anyone. They told us if we didn't do as they say they would take us south, to sell us into slavery to the vampires that live down that way."

Alatar Diaz, Ley Line Walker

"This isn't going to be easy. That's a decently sized force and this is flat land. Not much use for defending, and they have mobility this town lacks. But we told Ned we'd stand with you and we meant it." Alatar sighs as he takes a seat, introducing himself. Thinking back to strategy sessions from his father's bunker, he starts going down a mental checklist that had been hammered into him young.

"We'll need information if we're going to protect you. You said they had vehicles similar to ours; how many did you see? Can you describe them? Were there any markings you can remember, on either vehicle or the individuals you saw? How much longer until the month they gave you is up? Even with us here, this is going to be a dangerous venture. We won't let anyone come to harm if we can stop it, but we aren't gods."

Spoiler: Show
OOC: Any hits from lore on any of those descriptions? Alatar is also listening with his Intelligence training for any officer markings or other insignia that might provide extra info about these raiders.
OOC: The description both from Nan and Ned seem to be of Dog-boys and Psi-stalkers.


There's a few minutes of conferring amongst those present. "I don't think any of us caught a good look at everyone that was part of the gang. We're pretty sure that when they rounded us up there are a few brigands riding the perimeter, looking for stragglers. Like I said, about half of them were mounted on horses. Real horses, they looked like. I saw three hovercycles, like the CS soldiers ride, and they had a truck like the one you were driving," she says, pointing to Felix, "with some kind of gun on the top. There were two that I saw in power armor, not Coalition, by the way. I'd say they were all wearing body armor of some kind, maybe half the kind of dead boy armor the CS soldiers wear. But it was dirty, you know? Like it hadn't been maintained in awhile."

She confers some more. "They should be here in three days, I think, give or take."

Qinn
From the window, "you folks chap anybody off looking to buy land or food lately?"
Young Man

A man in faded dungarees speaks up. "No, not that I know of. There aren't that many folks around, to be honest. Sometimes a tribe of Indians, or D-Bees", with a nod towards Epona, "will ride through, but if they're no threat we'll put them up for a night or three and do some trading. Happens maybe three, four times a year."

Felix Pryde, Operator

"Is there any sort of underground spaces in the area?" Felix asks the assembled townsfolk. "Storm shelters or mines or something? Ideally any fights would take place far from town but if things happen closer then the safest place as far as avoiding stray shots would probably be below ground level."
Young Woman

This time a younger woman answers, nodding. "Most of the houses have a root cellar that doubles as a tornado shelter. There's a big cellar under this building, in fact, that is sort of a communal shelter for folks caught out in a storm. It'll maybe hold most of us." She looks dubious.
 

GaoGaiGar

Is anyone REALLY a
Validated User
Raven Eagle, Techno-Wizard

Older Woman

A woman in the crowd speaks up, her hair silver in the lamp-light. "No, we're not hiding anyone. They told us if we didn't do as they say they would take us south, to sell us into slavery to the vampires that live down that way."

There's a few minutes of conferring amongst those present. "I don't think any of us caught a good look at everyone that was part of the gang. We're pretty sure that when they rounded us up there are a few brigands riding the perimeter, looking for stragglers. Like I said, about half of them were mounted on horses. Real horses, they looked like. I saw three hovercycles, like the CS soldiers ride, and they had a truck like the one you were driving," she says, pointing to Felix, "with some kind of gun on the top. There were two that I saw in power armor, not Coalition, by the way. I'd say they were all wearing body armor of some kind, maybe half the kind of dead boy armor the CS soldiers wear. But it was dirty, you know? Like it hadn't been maintained in awhile."

She confers some more. "They should be here in three days, I think, give or take."
"This is all good to know, we're getting a clear picture of what we're up against. They're not the real Coalition, Dead Boys don't need to ask for food, they just want to hunt down anyone who isn't human. They don't know how to work hard or even how to feed themselves. That's why they're here leaning on you. They think their guns let them do whatever they want. We have some bigger guns though" She can't help but glance over at Tiger as she says this. "Now, which way did they roll in from and which way did they leave?" She pulls out her handheld computer and draws a quick map of the village and then holds it up for someone to contribute. She looks a bit surprised she spoke up like that.
 

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Epona the Exile, Cyborg Centaur Gunfighter

"Don't think we should fight 'em in the town if'n we can help it," said Epona. "But them Dog Boys'll smell us coming if'n we try an' make an ambush. Might have to call 'em out on their way in."
 

thirdkingdom

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Raven Eagle, Techno-Wizard



"This is all good to know, we're getting a clear picture of what we're up against. They're not the real Coalition, Dead Boys don't need to ask for food, they just want to hunt down anyone who isn't human. They don't know how to work hard or even how to feed themselves. That's why they're here leaning on you. They think their guns let them do whatever they want. We have some bigger guns though" She can't help but glance over at Tiger as she says this. "Now, which way did they roll in from and which way did they leave?" She pulls out her handheld computer and draws a quick map of the village and then holds it up for someone to contribute. She looks a bit surprised she spoke up like that.
The villagers indicate that the raiders both came and went from the north.
 

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Tiger Praxis, Dragon Hatchling

"The truck would probably leave tracks. And maybe we could spot them coming from the air. There's not a lot of places to hide out there."
 

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Epona the Exile, Cyborg Centaur Gunfighter

Epona nodded.

"That'd be good. If'n I remember right about them dogs, ain't they likely to smell us coming, though? Same for th' stalkers what run with 'em, right? Or did I hear wrong?"
 
Top Bottom