• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC IC -- A Fistful of Credits

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Tiger Praxis

"I don't know. How far away can they smell someone? Kilometers?"

GaoGaiGar

Is anyone REALLY a
Validated User
Raven Eagle, Techno-Wizard

"It might not matter that much. It doesn't sound like they have any heavy weapons, so they can't shoot more than a kilometer even if they pick you up. You could be on top of them in less than a minute, and if you carry a couple of us with you, well, at close range with surprise, it'd be ugly for them."

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Tiger

"I don't think we can fight them all at once, though."

GaoGaiGar

Is anyone REALLY a
Validated User
Raven Eagle, Techno-Wizard

"We don't need to defeat all of them just then. If Felix and Mercy go in with you, they can steal or wreck one of their vehicles, each, then hide in the ground. You can chase off their horses. Some of them may chase after you, not all of them, since they won't all be fast enough... and you'll lead the to where the rest of us are waiting in ambush. That will cut their numbers down a lot." Raven is drawing this out on her computer with Xs and arrows as she describes it.

The Watcher

Cosmic Observer
Validated User
Felix Pryde, Operator

"That'd be good. If'n I remember right about them dogs, ain't they likely to smell us coming, though? Same for th' stalkers what run with 'em, right? Or did I hear wrong?"
"I don't know. How far away can they smell someone? Kilometers?"
"Doesn't it depend on which way the wind is blowing?" Felix asks. He really doesn't know much about Dog Boys but in vids he's watched from the Golden Age you could hide from tracking dogs by being upwind of them or crossing a river. Speaking of which...

"If we can somehow sneak up on them, how about hitting them while they're trying to cross the river? Their mobility will be hampered a bit, except for anyone on hover cycles that is."

thirdkingdom

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Felix Pryde, Operator

"Doesn't it depend on which way the wind is blowing?" Felix asks. He really doesn't know much about Dog Boys but in vids he's watched from the Golden Age you could hide from tracking dogs by being upwind of them or crossing a river. Speaking of which...

"If we can somehow sneak up on them, how about hitting them while they're trying to cross the river? Their mobility will be hampered a bit, except for anyone on hover cycles that is."
Nan

The older woman clarifies. "We actually didn't see them cross the river. The Missouri bends here," she points at the map, where it turns westward, "and then about a mile or so west doglegs back north. They left, following the river, but I don't know if they actually crossed it. If they did we didn't see them."

Sabermane

Proud Fianna knight of hope and peace
Validated User
Qinn
"we can go scout out the territory. Worst case we run into them early."

Atlictoatl