• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC IC -- A Fistful of Credits

thirdkingdom

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Tiger Praxis, Dragon Hatchling

Tiger agrees to take Mercy on a scouting mission and return to the barn once they've got a look around the area.

OOC: Y'all just going to fly in circles around the village, or head north, or something else?
 

Atlictoatl

Powered by the Apocryphal
Validated User
Mercy Quintillano, Third Eye Psi-Ghost

Mercy gives Tiger a big grin and punches him in the arm. "Let's head up and see if there's anything obvious that height gives us, but if we want to scout near the town, let's make a big box around it. We can start north, and check out the west, south, and east sides after that. I can see about two thousand feet, so that's about three-quarters of a mile, either side, as long as we're not up too high."
 

thirdkingdom

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sunday, July 21st, 100 PA
River's Bend, Kansas Territories

11:00 pm

A half-moon hangs low in the sky as Tiger takes off, Mercy on his back. The pair fly up into the night sky, lit by a million stars. The inky black landscape stretches out below them. To the northeast and west the horizon is lit by the weird octarine glow that can only be ley lines; the one to the northeast looks to be maybe forty or fifty miles away; the one to the northwest maybe twice that distance, visible only as a dull glow on the horizon. Here and there the two see lights on the ground. Maybe campfires, or electric lights, or some sort of weird night predator that lures travelers in with a warm, inviting glow. The community of River's Bend is obvious to them, from the air, and circling above they don't see any other sign that would point to a village of comparable size within, oh, thirty or so miles.
 

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Tiger Praxis, Dragon Hatchling

Tiger essentially follows Mercy's directions as to how to scout the area, and how far in whatever direction to explore.
 

Atlictoatl

Powered by the Apocryphal
Validated User
Mercy Quintillano, Third Eye Psi-Ghost

"Let's scout the terrain nearby!" Mercy shouts towards Tiger's ear. "For you to hole up and for any natural barriers! If we've still got juice after, let's see if we can spot the bad guys!"
 

GaoGaiGar

Is anyone REALLY a
Validated User
Raven Eagle, Techno-Wizard

Raven asks to take a look at the communal building's cellar before the team heads out with Alan, snapping a couple of pictures. Maybe there's some way to reinforce it, just in case.
 

thirdkingdom

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Mercy Quintillano, Third Eye Psi-Ghost

"Let's scout the terrain nearby!" Mercy shouts towards Tiger's ear. "For you to hole up and for any natural barriers! If we've still got juice after, let's see if we can spot the bad guys!"
The pair spend an hour or so circling in a widening gyre. The countryside is flat and, from where they are in the sky, relatively featureless. The Missouri River is a dark ribbon snaking below them, and they follow the river north for some while. The only things they note are as follow:

*About fifty miles to the northwest they spy some sort of structure, or structures, breaking the horizon. It looks like one or more decent-sized buildings. There are no lights visible, though, and it's too far away to scout properly.
*There looks to be another river, running parallel to the Kansas, about forty miles north of River's Bend, that feeds into the Missouri.
*Just south of this second river is a bridge that crosses the Missouri. It's too dark to make out any details about it, though.
*The two ley lines that had been barely visible from altitude seem to converge far to the north of this second river. It's too far away to see where, though.

By now it is 3:00 in the morning.

Raven Eagle, Techno-Wizard

Raven asks to take a look at the communal building's cellar before the team heads out with Alan, snapping a couple of pictures. Maybe there's some way to reinforce it, just in case.
It's actually pretty solid and sturdy. It doubles as a tornado shelter, so it has got to stand up to some punishment. Probably not a shoulder-fired missile, or a heavy suit of power armor, but it can take some punishment. There's a composting toilet in one corner, and some bottles of water and canned foods.
 

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Epona the Exile, Cyborg Centaur Gunfighter

They might not have taken her on a scouting mission, but Epona wasn't going to take any chances-- she looked for the highest point that she could find that gave a view to the North, and adjusted her vision for the darkness, searching for enemy scouts or raiding parties.
 

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Tiger Praxis

Tiger decides that 3:00 am is long enough to scout, and glides back to the barn for some rest.
 

thirdkingdom

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Epona the Exile, Cyborg Centaur Gunfighter

They might not have taken her on a scouting mission, but Epona wasn't going to take any chances-- she looked for the highest point that she could find that gave a view to the North, and adjusted her vision for the darkness, searching for enemy scouts or raiding parties.
The ground is as flat as a fucking pancake, and none of the buildings are strong enough to support Epona's bulk. She does stand guard, though, and around 3:00 am Tiger swoops back down to the ground, Mercy on his back.

Monday, July 22st, 100 PA
River's Bend, Kansas Territories

8:00 am

The adventurers awake. It looks to be another hot, humid day, but Epona, who has spent her life on the plains, feels a thunderstorm brewing, somewhere in the near future.
 
Top Bottom