• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC IC -- A Fistful of Credits

The Watcher

Cosmic Observer
Validated User
Felix Pryde, Operator

The Night Before...

After the vehicles were moved Felix decided to do a little investigation before he went to sleep to see if he could find anything out about their foes. He probably wouldn't get any results but it could't hurt to try. The first thing he did was do a scan of the surrounding area with his portable scan dihilator, seeing if he can pick up any readings within its range. After he found out all he could that way, he spent a couple of hours scanning through various frequencies on its radio, seeing if he could pick up chatter from either locals who might have spotted the bandits or the bandits themselves. If he did manage to pick up a signal he'd listen but maintain radio silence. No need to advertise the fact they were here to strangers.

OOC:
Portable Scan Dihilator (4200 credits)
  • Radar/Sonar: Range : limited to a 5 mile area. A trained operator (Sensory Equipment skill) can positively identify readings as specific objects or vehicles, pinpoint location, and estimate rate of travel and direction at 65% proficiency.
  • Sensors: Includes dosimeter, radar detector, heat, infrared, ultraviolet, microwave, and energy sensitive instruments; all of which identify, locate source, and record.
  • Long-range, wide-band radio with scrambler: Range : 40 mile radius.
  • Detachable short-range (hand-held) communicator: Range: 3 miles

 

thirdkingdom

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Felix Pryde, Operator

The Night Before...

After the vehicles were moved Felix decided to do a little investigation before he went to sleep to see if he could find anything out about their foes. He probably wouldn't get any results but it could't hurt to try. The first thing he did was do a scan of the surrounding area with his portable scan dihilator, seeing if he can pick up any readings within its range. After he found out all he could that way, he spent a couple of hours scanning through various frequencies on its radio, seeing if he could pick up chatter from either locals who might have spotted the bandits or the bandits themselves. If he did manage to pick up a signal he'd listen but maintain radio silence. No need to advertise the fact they were here to strangers.

OOC:
Portable Scan Dihilator (4200 credits)
  • Radar/Sonar: Range : limited to a 5 mile area. A trained operator (Sensory Equipment skill) can positively identify readings as specific objects or vehicles, pinpoint location, and estimate rate of travel and direction at 65% proficiency.
  • Sensors: Includes dosimeter, radar detector, heat, infrared, ultraviolet, microwave, and energy sensitive instruments; all of which identify, locate source, and record.
  • Long-range, wide-band radio with scrambler: Range : 40 mile radius.
  • Detachable short-range (hand-held) communicator: Range: 3 miles

He doesn't detect anything beyond what they've seen with their own eyes. It looks like there may be a couple of vehicles in one or two of the outlying barns. He picks up some faint radio traffic, but it's coming from the south and seems to be originating from Topeka.
 

thirdkingdom

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: What's the game plan for today?
 

Jeremy Kopczynski

Registered User
Validated User
James Davies, Sea Inquisitor

After waking up, James goes to check out the river to see if there are any good ambush points. He might as well try to apply what strengths in this situation he has.
 

Atlictoatl

Powered by the Apocryphal
Validated User
Mercy Quintillano, Third Eye Psi-Ghost

Fucking farms. Reconnaissance artists don't get up before noon unless it's an op day. Apparently the town roosters didn't get that memo. Mercy's exuding pained annoyance.

She describes what they saw the night before, and suggests they ask the locals about the bridge and whether destroying it poses any major difficulties for them, or whether they have the resources to fix it later. She also asks who wants to go reconnoitre the buildings they saw fifty miles away.

She sees a local wandering by, and jumpstarts the inquiry.

"Hey! There's a bridge some ways north of here, crossing the Missouri. Do you all use that much? If we were to take it out to make things tougher on these bad guys, is that something you can patch up, if you need to?"
 

thirdkingdom

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Monday, July 22st, 100 PA
River's Bend, Kansas Territories

11:00 am

The adventurers are slow to get moving, especially those who stayed up late. James goes down to the river. It's wide here, maybe 150 yards across, with a bank that slopes down on either side. On the west back -- the Kansas side -- there are some well worn paths where the villagers obviously come down to the narrow beach. There are even three short jetties, sticking out twenty or thirty feet into the river, with some small, wooden dinghies tied up. There doesn't seem to be a great place for an ambush, here.

Mercy starts by asking questions about the bridge. Most of the locals she encounters plead ignorance, claiming that they really don't venture that far north. A couple allow that they've heard tales, or even been up that far once or twice. "'Left over from the Old Days," one says, "or at least that's what my Pa told me. It's not safe to go on, he said, on account of the spirits that live in it. I think it's more likely just old and rusty and unable to support much weight."

The Missouri side of the river, as the adventurers surely know, was claimed as a new Coalition territory within the past ten years, although in reality the western part of the territory is no more populated that the Kansas Territories.
 

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Epona the Exile, Cyborg Centaur Gunfighter

"...storm's blowin' in," said Epona. "Ain't nobody gonna want to ford no river when that comes through. Can't quite tell if it's enough t' flood th' lowlands in these parts, though."
 

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Tiger Praxis

Tiger sleeps in late, and then decides to spend some of his transformed time exploring the town, so long as none of the other members of his team make a direct effort to keep him on task. He wanders around, strums his guitar, sees what there is to see, and asks people what they're doing. If he sees anyone with a chronic illness or injury he thinks he could fix with his psychic powers, he cheerfully offers to do it.
 

GaoGaiGar

Is anyone REALLY a
Validated User
Raven Eagle, Techno Wizard

"We can't count on finding them" Raven admits as she surveys the bank of the river. "What if we could get them to chase us when they arrive? We could look like we just raided the town and are driving off with the food they were expecting to take. We get the villagers to fill up sacks with hay and put them on the back of the vehicles. When they get close, we fire some lasers in the air, set a few things on fire and then take off as soon as they're in sight. They'll chase us for sure."

She chews on her lip. "They'll probably get spread out coming after us. The horse guys will lag behind. Tiger can wait in human form and then change and spook the horses when they come by. We have Alatar on the back of a car casting flashy spells to distract their dog pack from Tiger. If we had some explosives, we could set up some minefields for the faster guys... but the basic plan is draw them away from the village, spread them out and ambush them."
 

CaliberX

Registered User
Validated User
Alatar Diaz, Ley Line Walker

Raven Eagle, Techno Wizard

"We can't count on finding them" Raven admits as she surveys the bank of the river. "What if we could get them to chase us when they arrive? We could look like we just raided the town and are driving off with the food they were expecting to take. We get the villagers to fill up sacks with hay and put them on the back of the vehicles. When they get close, we fire some lasers in the air, set a few things on fire and then take off as soon as they're in sight. They'll chase us for sure."

She chews on her lip. "They'll probably get spread out coming after us. The horse guys will lag behind. Tiger can wait in human form and then change and spook the horses when they come by. We have Alatar on the back of a car casting flashy spells to distract their dog pack from Tiger. If we had some explosives, we could set up some minefields for the faster guys... but the basic plan is draw them away from the village, spread them out and ambush them."
"I think you're on to something Raven; this town simply isn't defensible in any way, and the terrain around here isn't doing us any favors. If we can make them chase after us though, we can lead them away. Preferably into some traps and ambush sites we've arranged before. Pits and the like could be useful if we can get any deep enough dug in time. I can free a few of us from the need to breathe for a few minutes; maybe we could lead them back towards the river and let the water work for us."
 
Top Bottom