IC IC -- A Fistful of Credits

thirdkingdom

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Alatar Diaz, Ley Line Walker



"I think you're on to something Raven; this town simply isn't defensible in any way, and the terrain around here isn't doing us any favors. If we can make them chase after us though, we can lead them away. Preferably into some traps and ambush sites we've arranged before. Pits and the like could be useful if we can get any deep enough dug in time. I can free a few of us from the need to breathe for a few minutes; maybe we could lead them back towards the river and let the water work for us."
The adventurers did see a backhoe in the barn where they parked their vehicles.
 

Unka Josh

Social Justice Game Dev
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Epona the Exile, Cyborg Centaur Gunfighter

Epona nodded. "Th' fact is, a fight 'tween th' two groups'd turn the town t' ash, period. Need to get 'em involved outside o' town, period."
 

The Watcher

Registered User
Validated User
Felix Pryde, Operator

"I'd prefer to hit them before they get to town," Felix comments, "but if that's not an option leading them away into a series of traps is a good plan."

He turns to Epona.

"You said a storm's coming. Any idea when it will hit? That could affect our plans and preparations."
 

Sabermane

Proud Fianna knight of hope and peace
Validated User
Qinn
"Gopher holes in the ground for the horses mebbe..."

He turns to one of the farmers. "Everybody's got room in your shelter, right? You got food and water in there?"
 

thirdkingdom

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Monday, July 22nd, 100 PA
River's Bend, Kansas Territories

6:00 pm

The adventurers discuss various ideas for dealing with the bandits but don't take concrete actions on any plan. Around four o'clock the sky darkens, until it is almost black, and a thunderstorm rolls through. Lightning forks through the sky, long, low peals of thunder crash and it rains, hard, for about a half hour. After the storm the sky clears, almost as if it hadn't rained at all. Any work on their plan will have to happen the following day.

OOC: I asked OOC for someone to post some concrete stuff IC that I can work from. Since no one has posted since Saturday I've advanced forward one day, rather than let the game stall. Please do not be shy about posting IC.


Tuesday, July 23rd, 100 PA
River's Bend, Kansas Territories

8:00 am

There's no sign of yesterday's rain, save perhaps the air is slightly less humid. The adventurers rise and continue to plan for the upcoming conflict.
 

CaliberX

Registered User
Validated User
Alatar Diaz, Ley Line Walker

Approaching Nan as the defacto leader of the town, Alatar brushes his hand through his unkempt hair. "This place obviously isn't built to be defended against any kind of assault, I'm sure you're well aware of that. We're going to need to trick the bandits into heading elsewhere and leaving you folk alone, and the most likely way we can figure to accomplish that is to make them think we've beat them to their score. Can you folk start making some bundles, like you'd have done if you were giving in to their demands to start with? We don't want your food for real, but any straw or junk that can be shaped into reasonable looking pallets of food would be useful for making up the ruse. Also, we noticed a backhoe out there," he says, vaguely gesturing behind him, "anyone in town skilled at running that thing? We have some digging we'd like to do in a hurry and not a lot of time to be doing it."

Looking into the clear sky, Alatar can't help the growing sense these poor folk are going to end up like Ned, smashed to pieces by forces beyond their ken or their control. Life ain't fair that way, it's true, but it still doesn't sit right with him.
 

GaoGaiGar

Is anyone REALLY a
Validated User
Raven Eagle, Techno-Wizard

Raven had been stewing over how vulnerable the town was and how uncertain her plan to get them to chase the party was. “We could use some canvas and paint to make a flag and some lean-tos in the bandit camp we’re making up. Could you get a big bonfire ready in the center of town? We’ll start it tomorrow to look like you’ve been raided. Just in case, cover up the tire tracks going into the barn. I’ve got a list of a few other things... your biggest cookpot for starters.” She hands over the list.

Raven fishes out her keys. “Let’s lay down a trail that leads to the camp now, so it doesn’t look too fresh.”
 

thirdkingdom

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Alatar Diaz, Ley Line Walker

Approaching Nan as the defacto leader of the town, Alatar brushes his hand through his unkempt hair. "This place obviously isn't built to be defended against any kind of assault, I'm sure you're well aware of that. We're going to need to trick the bandits into heading elsewhere and leaving you folk alone, and the most likely way we can figure to accomplish that is to make them think we've beat them to their score. Can you folk start making some bundles, like you'd have done if you were giving in to their demands to start with? We don't want your food for real, but any straw or junk that can be shaped into reasonable looking pallets of food would be useful for making up the ruse. Also, we noticed a backhoe out there," he says, vaguely gesturing behind him, "anyone in town skilled at running that thing? We have some digging we'd like to do in a hurry and not a lot of time to be doing it."

Looking into the clear sky, Alatar can't help the growing sense these poor folk are going to end up like Ned, smashed to pieces by forces beyond their ken or their control. Life ain't fair that way, it's true, but it still doesn't sit right with him.
Nan

The matriarch allows that a number of the townsfolk know how to operate the backhoe. "We can probably dig up a trench five feet wide, the same deep, maybe two hundred feet long in a day. Just tell us where to dig and we'll get to it."
 

Sabermane

Proud Fianna knight of hope and peace
Validated User
qinn
"Bet I can add a few feet to that wide ans deep." he taps the massive chainsaw on his back and "cracks" his knuckles.
 
Top Bottom