• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC IC -- A Fistful of Credits

GaoGaiGar

Is anyone REALLY a
Validated User
Raven Eagle, Techno-Wizard

Tiger shakes his head irritably. "Stop trying to strap stuff to my head while I'm flying! Just...tell me where to go."
Raven is a little disappointed, but relents. She'd read that dragons had an affinity for techno-wizardry. On the other hand, maybe she could write her own book on the subject! "OK, straight on! We'll go straight through the camp, scare the horses and head to where everyone else is waiting. I'll handle defense. If we can get close to a flying armor, about as close as the ground is now, I can make them lock up and you can grab them."

OOC: When things get hot, Raven will activate the Super Strength mode on her armor to better hold onto Tiger with her legs, keeping her hands free for casting and firing the laser rangefinder.
 
Last edited:

thirdkingdom

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Felix Pryde, Operator

Felix mentally curses when he spots the SAMUS cruising through the air. He's missed his opportunity. The armor's now out of reach as far as his plans for sabotage are concerned. Trying to devise another way he can tilt the odds in his team's favor, he eyes the vehicles. At least one of them has missile capability, if he recalls Mercy's and Tiger's accounts correctly. If he could manage to commandeer one that does, even only briefly, he could get a few shots at the SAMUS. He'd get a good chance of destroying or at least crippling it, especially since its pilot wouldn't be expecting to be attacked by his own side.

Felix observes the various vehicles and the personnel around each, trying to ascertain what armaments each has and which would be the easiest to hijack when his colleagues draw everyone's attention elsewhere with an attack. Once he figures out which one that is he slowly moves into a position to strike when that happens.

OOC: Felix is basically looking for vehicles with weapons that can take down or at least seriously hurt a SAMUS. Ideally one that doesn't have anyone inside it yet. If he can find a suitable vehicle that's vulnerable he'll sneak into it so he'll be in position to turn solid and drive off with it and take a potshot at the SAMUS when the camp reacts to whatever the team pulls.
Felix could probably sneak into one of the ATVs or commandeer a hovercycle in the confusion of breaking camp. The hovercycles are more heavily armed, but the ATVs look like they hold the bulk of the goods.


OOC: Sabermane Sabermane and J Jeremy Kopczynski , if you want to retcon your characters being here that is fine with me. I'd rather change that than have you guys sitting on your hands, especially since it looks like Shit is About to Go Down.
 

thirdkingdom

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Felix Pryde, Operator

Felix mentally curses when he spots the SAMUS cruising through the air. He's missed his opportunity. The armor's now out of reach as far as his plans for sabotage are concerned. Trying to devise another way he can tilt the odds in his team's favor, he eyes the vehicles. At least one of them has missile capability, if he recalls Mercy's and Tiger's accounts correctly. If he could manage to commandeer one that does, even only briefly, he could get a few shots at the SAMUS. He'd get a good chance of destroying or at least crippling it, especially since its pilot wouldn't be expecting to be attacked by his own side.

Felix observes the various vehicles and the personnel around each, trying to ascertain what armaments each has and which would be the easiest to hijack when his colleagues draw everyone's attention elsewhere with an attack. Once he figures out which one that is he slowly moves into a position to strike when that happens.

OOC: Felix is basically looking for vehicles with weapons that can take down or at least seriously hurt a SAMUS. Ideally one that doesn't have anyone inside it yet. If he can find a suitable vehicle that's vulnerable he'll sneak into it so he'll be in position to turn solid and drive off with it and take a potshot at the SAMUS when the camp reacts to whatever the team pulls.
Felix could probably sneak into one of the ATVs or commandeer a hovercycle in the confusion of breaking camp. The hovercycles are more heavily armed, but the ATVs look like they hold the bulk of the goods.


OOC: Sabermane Sabermane and J Jeremy Kopczynski , if you want to retcon your characters being here that is fine with me. I'd rather change that than have you guys sitting on your hands, especially since it looks like Shit is About to Go Down.
 

The Watcher

Cosmic Observer
Validated User
Felix Pryde, Operator

Felix looks at the vehicles, considering his options. The hovercycles are faster and have the most weapons. As far as battle effectiveness goes, one of them would be his best choice. But then Felix remembers this isn't a straight up battle. It's a raid meant to generate surprise and confusion to make them disorganized and vulnerable. If he takes one of the ATVs then at least some of them will be forced to give chase, keeping them from concentrating their forces on his teammates. Not only that but because they'd prefer to retrieve their goods and supplies they'll be shooting to stop but not destroy, while he on the other hand won't be operating under that limitation. And there was no downside. He either successfully steals their stuff or forces them to cripple their own vehicle and damage at least some of the goods inside. He should be able to get away safe regardless, so whatever outcome occurs is a win for his side.

Having watched them load the things, Felix chooses the ATV that has what could be considered the most valuable cargo as far as they're concerned and moves into position to jack it when opportunity presents itself.
 
Last edited:

Jeremy Kopczynski

Registered User
Validated User
James Davies, Sea Inquisitor

James waits with the ambush group patiently, he holds his pistol in hand and waits for whatever may come. When the shooting stars he plans on activating his aura of protection and hopes that will be enough.

OOC: Yeah, I will take part in the action, thanks for the opportunity
 

Sabermane

Proud Fianna knight of hope and peace
Validated User
Qinn
Qinn had drifeted a bit off from the rest of the group, hoping to be in a position to provide some flanking fire, as well as be a bit farther away when the giant red robot that glowed on thermal was inevitably noticed. When the fun started, his goal was simple--focus as much firepower on the best targets he had, and expect everybody to notice him and draw some fire.
 

thirdkingdom

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Tiger and Raven

The two fly low over the grasslands, arcing around to the east before heading due west, hoping to put their bulk behind the sun. About a mile out of camp the pair see a dot in the distance circling the camp in the air, a flash and growl of propellants, and the streak of incoming missiles!

OOC: I'm going to use Prowl here, I think, to see if Tiger avoids detection.
Hmmm. Tiger doesn't have Prowl. Let's assign it a chance of 1-40:: 1d100 74
Nope.
Let me know how you want to handle this, Wyzard. Dodge, I'm assuming?


Felix

Shortly after sunrise, as all the bandits are still scurrying around, Felix hears the roar of fired missiles, and folks begin shouting "Incoming" and "We're under attack!". The practiced chaos of a camp being broken down is soon replaced by bedlam as the bandits start scrambling into armor, loading weapons, and looking around for a target. If there were a time to steal a vehicle, this would be it.
 

The Watcher

Cosmic Observer
Validated User
Felix Pryde, Operator

The moment the shouting and the missile launches begin Felix makes his move, rising from the ground straight through bottom of an ATV. Specifically the one Felix knows has the ammo and spare parts for their power armor and vehicles. Once alone In the driver's seat he becomes solid and locks all doors, keeping his power to blend in active to avoid being discovered by random glances in his direction. He then checks to see if the key's in the ignition or otherwise nearby.

If the keys are conveniently at hand Felix immediately starts the engine. If not, he works to hotwire the vehicle first while keeping an eye out for anyone heading in his direction. Once he manages to get the ATV going he drives off, away for the camp and towards where he knows some of his teammates are lying in wait. Before calling them on his helmet radio he makes sure any comm system for the bandits that's in the vehicle has its microphone turned off. He'd rather have a chance to build up a good lead before they figured out their stuff was stolen."

"Hey guys, I managed to boost an ATV," Felix says. "Heading your way. If all goes well a bunch of them should start chasing me in a bit. Oh, and I "fixed" the Titan. Didn't get a chance at the SAMUS."
 
Last edited:

GaoGaiGar

Is anyone REALLY a
Validated User
Raven targets her laser rangefinder towards the incoming missile and amps up its yield way past the designated specs to send one of the missiles off course!

OOC: Using the Deflect spell to try and parry one (and only one, at level 1)
 

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Tiger Praxis, Dragon Hatchling

Tiger banks directly away from the robot and starts flying.

OOC:
He's going to attempt to dodge, and once he has an action to spare he's going to use Telekinetic Force Field...provided that either the armor thingy isn't up yet, or it'll stack with it.
 
Top Bottom