IC IC -- A Fistful of Credits

GaoGaiGar

Is anyone REALLY a
Validated User
OOC: Yes, depending on how the initiative and surprise worked, Raven would cast the Energy Field spell first... and I think she can shoot down those missiles with her TK revolver! I always thought it was something Veritech fighters could do as they had advanced targeting and automatic weapons, but it looks like anyone can try per the rules.
 

thirdkingdom

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Raven targets her laser rangefinder towards the incoming missile and amps up its yield way past the designated specs to send one of the missiles off course!

OOC: Using the Deflect spell to try and parry one (and only one, at level 1)
OOC: This is essentially a surprise round. Y'all didn't realize you were spotted. As such, I'll allow Tiger a Dodge, but Raven can't cast a spell.

http://orokos.com/roll/719601: 1d20+3 10 1d20+3 20


Tiger easily rolls out of the way of the incoming missile, which explodes some four hundred yards behind them. Back at the camp, no one seems to notice that Felix is driving away with their ATV.
 

The Watcher

Registered User
Validated User
Felix Pryde, Operator

As he drives off Felix turns any radio the ATV has on to hear what the bandits are saying to each other. They apparently haven't caught on yet to what was going on, which was good. The more distance he covers before they realize they've been robbed the better. Till then, Felix decides to see what his options are once that does happens. He looks to see what weapon systems, if any, he has at his disposal. If he has anything that can hit and hurt the SAMUS he'll get a targeting solution on it and be ready to fire the instant he notices that the bandits have figured out their ATV is in enemy hands. If he doesn't have anything of use against the flying power armor then he'll use anything he has against the bandits on the ground once they realize they should start chasing him.

OOC: Felix's Weapons Engineer skill gives him a +1 to strike when using heavy weapons or vehicular weapons systems.
 

thirdkingdom

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Qinn

"So...is a missile fire a sign to shoot or?"
OOC: You guys are still about five miles away from the bandit camp


Felix remembers seeing some sort of large rifle attached to the roof of the ATV. He couldn't drive and fire at the same time.

He gets about two hundred yards from camp when a radio on the dash crackles to life. "Taylor, what the fuck are you doing? Get back here right now or I won't even bother with a court martial, I'll shoot you myself!"

Raven and Tiger continue to fly towards the camp. The dragon erects a force field in front of him as Raven reinforces it with an energy shield, and not a moment too soon, as a twin pair of missiles wind their way towards the two. This time Tiger's not able to dodge out of the way, and the two missiles impact against his psychic shield. Tiger's shield drops, but Raven's absorbs the rest of the damage. The pair are now about a half mile away from the camp, a quarter of a mile away from the SAMAS unit. Raven sees two of the hovercycles at the camp rise into the air.

Spoiler: Show
Attack roll v Dodge:: 1d20+3 18 1d20+3 17
Missile damage. Each result multiplied by 10:: 2#1d4 1 2
Tiger's shield has 25 MDC, Raven's 60. The psychic shield is destroyed, the energy shield reduced to 55 MDC.
You guys are going to close at the end of next round if you keep flying towards the camp.


About five miles away the rest of the party waits in anticipation. They hear a low rumbling from the distance, followed by another one about ten seconds later. Too close together to be thunder, it sounds like an explosion of some sort.
 

thirdkingdom

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Tiger Praxis, Dragon Hatchling

Tiger banks directly away from the robot and starts flying.

OOC:
He's going to attempt to dodge, and once he has an action to spare he's going to use Telekinetic Force Field...provided that either the armor thingy isn't up yet, or it'll stack with it.
OOC: Ah, so that's what you meant by this. I thought it was just Dodge flavor. I think I had better whip up a map so everyone has an idea of where you are.
 

GaoGaiGar

Is anyone REALLY a
Validated User
Raven Eagle, Techno-Wizard

"Force shield up!" Raven calls out, though the results are obvious. "When we pass by the horses, try spook them like you did those dinosaurs on the road!" Perhaps something good can come of Ned's death, a small part of her thinks.

"Epona will take care of that flying armor when we get closer to her, I'll distract him and keep defending us" she adds.
 

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Tiger Praxis

"If I fly too close, the entire camp is going to shoot at me!"
 

thirdkingdom

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Raven Eagle, Techno-Wizard

"Force shield up!" Raven calls out, though the results are obvious. "When we pass by the horses, try spook them like you did those dinosaurs on the road!" Perhaps something good can come of Ned's death, a small part of her thinks.

"Epona will take care of that flying armor when we get closer to her, I'll distract him and keep defending us" she adds.
Tiger Praxis

"If I fly too close, the entire camp is going to shoot at me!"
Rather than fly towards the camp Tiger banks hard south, and is soon flying above an ATV heading in the same direction, which they assume is being driven by Felix. There's apparent confusion on the ground; the hovercycles had risen into the air to confront Tiger, but when he switched directions both sank down low and appeared to be going towards the ATV.

Spoiler: Show
http://orokos.com/roll/720532: 1d20+4 20
Another missile impacts the energy shield, inflicting url=http://orokos.com/roll/720533]MDC x10[/url]: 1d4 3 30 MDC. Raven's shield is down to 25 MDC. Don't forget to track ISP/PPE used. The other adventurers are still about five miles away.
 

GaoGaiGar

Is anyone REALLY a
Validated User
Raven Eagle, Techno-Wizard
PPE 69/89. ISP 27
Spells active - Super Strength, Energy Field (25 MDC)

"We'll be out of the soldiers' range any second now, then it's just their bikes and that SAMAS" Raven says confidently. "I think I can shoot down the next missile too!" She carefully turns around to face backwards on Tiger and draws her TK revolver.
 
Top Bottom