• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IC] [Do the Funky Gibbon] Savage Worlds Prax

Walkie Talkie Noise Decoder

There are monkey boys in the facility
Validated User
DO THE FUNKY GIBBON​

Monkey Ruins….. No Fibbin’ week, Plenty Season…. Today

THE FUNKY GIBBON COMPOUND...Corner of Root and Claw Street.
A lone baboon sits upon an ancient obelisk, a large bunch of yellow fruit in his lap. Around and below him is a complicated collection of ruined towers, buildings, open plazas and concealed compounds. Temple water tanks sparkle in the sunlight and everywhere….everywhere there are monkeys! In the trees, playing on roof tops, swinging from vines and scurrying underfoot.

The ‘Goodies’ toughest warrior and Alpha male shrugged and stuffed one of the new fruits into his mouth. Watching the monkeys play he marvelled at how much had changed in the last year. Trees popping up everywhere, tasty fruits and now these damn things….he swatted an inquisitive hand away from his lap and the offending simian slid to the ground. A cacophony of swear words rose upwards …

“Yer big stinky…KABOOOOOOOOOM!.....’’

A gout of flame erupted suddenly from the next door shrine to Oakfed, sending scores of birds into the sky, squawking loudly.

No one paid the least bit of attention to the burning figure, that ran screaming from the inferno towards the nearest pool of water. Visiting Nomad shamans are a clack a dozen these days and no one seemed to miss them…

Enveloped by the resulting Mushroom cloud, Snikka waited for it to clear before turning his attention to his own compound below…

Eight armed, the Statue of the Funky Gibbon dominates the ‘Goodies’ compound, with drums, wine flask and various weapons held firmly in his hands and a blissful expression on his face.
Nestled between its feet, atop the carved altar stone is a large bundle of furs , rising rhythmically from the snores of the sleeping Matriarch of the their clan, Baba Ganough.

Using the Statues shadow as shade is a group of young baboons being led in a complicated dance by a drumming Zsa zsa and her assistant Aye Aye. A group of monkeys have collected to watch and are aping their larger cousins behaviour with much hand slapping and uncontrolled laughter. Only to be scattered by an expertly thrown rock…..

Sling in hand, the most accomplished hunter to have graced their clan since great, great grandpa Yakka Chakka himself, can be seen watching Chik Chakka skin a large sable hanging from the holy banyan tree. Next to them is the gaping entrance to the Compounds cellars.

With well practiced ease a lone baboon drops over the wall, swings via the banyan tree and lands at Boo’s side. Smelling of cheap grog and the girls of the Badda Bing troop, Kash Fakash avoids the hunter’s gaze and relieves himself in the Lunar helmet that rests in the obliging hands of an ancient weatherworn statue.

‘Morning all’

With a sneer at the troops resident Casanova, Chik Chakka takes up the skin and examines its large moon brand and with a few deft cuts it is lying on the floor with half a dozen similar pieces…

It is quickly joined by a shower of urine , directed by a grinning Kash.

-------------------------------------------​

Next door in the SINGEFUR COMPOUND, site of the RING OF FIRE shrine to Oakfed.....

‘Ot Po’tato emerges from the now dying inferno, centred on the Holy Hole of Oakfed, smouldering but unhurt.

Opening his mouth all that emerges is a small 'ook'** and a large smoke ring.

Unnoticed, a group of angry, frantically gesturing nomads are fast approaching him.

**Woops

Last edited:

johanngottliebfichte

Never a tank
Validated User
Re: [IC] [Do Funky Gibbon] Savage Worlds Prax

'Ot Po'tato capers around, his hands slapping his fur, striking out the smouldering embers in his pelt.

He grins, happy at how the ritual has gone, and releases expanding smoke rings from his mouth.

He turns, looking around.

'T'sssss... where are you, you balding nincompoop? Come serve your God!"

Validated User

'Ot Po'tato capers around, his hands slapping his fur, striking out the smouldering embers in his pelt.

He grins, happy at how the ritual has gone, and releases expanding smoke rings from his mouth.

He turns, looking around.

'Ot Po'tato's voice rebounded around the courtyard like a rubber ball, slamming to a stop at the wall of angry nomads that now stood behind him.

A particularly large, heavily scarred and tattooed warrior steps forward and points at the nearby floating corpse in the temple's water tank....

''Wot you done to our Shaman?''

His vicious demeanor is ruined somewhat by his rather high pitched, squeaky voice and is punctuated by a drawn out drum roll from the neighbouring compound.

"Dum Dum Duuuuuuum."

Last edited:

Validated User

Back in the Goodies compound life carries on as normal.

Yum Po'tato climbs the stairs from the compound's cellar carrying a woven basket of Dew Maiden's delight. The old baboon offers one of the big mushrooms to Boo and asks

''Will you keep some sable meat for me my girl. I need to make an offering today. Me old trouble's botherin' me agin.''

She sits down on the steps, sighs and scratches her unmentionables.

''Where you get them Sables from?"

Validated User

Thirty meters away, T'sssss untangles himself from a large pile of sleeping, female baboons. Head feeling like it has been clubbed by Zorak Zoran himself, the apprentice Shaman lets go a long drawn out fart.

Then, zig zagging across the tiled floor, he dunks his head into a carved water tank. Shaking his aching head he looks up into the blurry posterior of a very anatomically correct statue of a lady baboon. Though Lady was probably not the right use of the word in this particular case.....

''Doo Doos! It's Bada Bing.....Old burnt chops will kill me....''

Cursing his supposed vow of chastity, T'sssss takes the only option available and leaps through an open window....

"I'm coming master!''

Meriss

Chaos Incarnate
Validated User

Back in the Goodies compound life carries on as normal.

Yum Po'tato climbs the stairs from the compound's cellar carrying a woven basket of Dew Maiden's delight. The old baboon offers one of the big mushrooms to Boo and asks

''Will you keep some sable meat for me my girl. I need to make an offering today. Me old trouble's botherin' me agin.''

She sits down on the steps, sighs and scratches her unmentionables.

''Where you get them Sables from?"
Boo nods in Yum's direction as she considers hers request. Sables were not easy prey. And Foundbrother's hunting dictates were clear.

"Let a girl keep some of her secrets Yum Po'tato. How much meat do you need? More than last time?"

She turned the conversation to the thing which was bothering her the most. "So, what do you think of Fakash?"

Nexus Indivulsus

Mostly monkey
Validated User

Zsa Zsa raises her rhythm again, pounding out an increasingly frenzied beat.

"Shake that ass." She screams at Aye Aye and the novices. "Show the Grandfather what you've got!"

She moves around the dancers, issuing kicks, slaps and instructions depending on her mood.

Validated User

Boo nods in Yum's direction as she considers hers request. Sables were not easy prey. And Foundbrother's hunting dictates were clear.

"Let a girl keep some of her secrets Yum Po'tato. How much meat do you need? More than last time?"

She turned the conversation to the thing which was bothering her the most. "So, what do you think of Fakash?"
Grinning the ancient Baboon replies

"Well he's a wild one all right, fathered half the the baboons born up in The Bada Bing troop so i've heard. Was talking to his dead grandfather only last week....Now 'e was a naughty boy." Yum stares off into space for a moment and then continues in a business like manner...

"I'll take that forequarter there and no scrimping mind.....And I'd hide them brands if I was you...."

Validated User

Zsa Zsa raises her rhythm again, pounding out an increasingly frenzied beat.

"Shake that ass." She screams at Aye Aye and the novices. "Show the Grandfather what you've got!"

She moves around the dancers, issuing kicks, slaps and instructions depending on her mood.
As the Funky Gibbon's shaman implements her will on the frenzied dancers, she tunes into the many life sparks that glowed around the compound.

Baboons; named one by one with familiar love, birds in the Foundbrother Banyan tree, two monkeys slowly pulling Baba Ganough's furs off her recumbent form and even the myriad of lizards basking in the morning sun blinked with their weak pulse.

Looking up into the clear Earth season sky, she revels in the marvels of the cosmic dance.....

Eh? what's that?

Not far away a small black cloud pops into existence above the ruins.

Meriss

Chaos Incarnate
Validated User

Grinning the ancient Baboon replies

"Well he's a wild one all right, fathered half the the baboons born up in The Bada Bing troop so i've heard. Was talking to his dead grandfather only last week....Now 'e was a naughty boy." Yum stares off into space for a moment and then continues in a business like manner...

"I'll take that forequarter there and no scrimping mind.....And I'd hide them brands if I was you...."
Boo nods in time to the distant drum beat only she hears. "Brands, what brands? I see no brands." She wipes her mouth with piece of hide bearing a clear Lunar Moon brand mark. "Take this." She hands over the well cooked forequarter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom