• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IC]Lancer: Planet of the Monsters

Graograman

Life on the oncoming lane
Validated User
Secrets

The three vultures disappear in a flash of smoke and entrails, as Abigail riddles with holes a fourth vulture, motioning wildly to the last jockeys to board the APC.

The webber slams right into the group of soldiers, trampling one of them and forcing the rest to scatter. A couple manage to land a few shots, which hardly scratch the Webber's carapace.

The last remaining vultures crash into Abigail, claws and beaks extended to rend and tear the hardsuit - Abigail, between shots, dodges the first vulture but the second one lands on her back, pinning her to the grounnd.

OOC:
Abigail is Grappled but takes no damage. The drone jockeys are all aboard the APC.
OOC:

Extraction is at 8/15
 

HardKore Keltoid

RAW Cultist
Validated User
Abigail twists about in her screeching opponent's talons and slams an electrified spike into its mouth. It's still twitching when she throws it off, rolls to her feet and disengages.

OOC: Pow, right in the alien kisser-analogue!: 1d20+2 13

Taking the opportunity attack is going to hurt less than standing here, so...

 

talam

Smile, smile!
Validated User
With the Kaiju past the barricades, there wasn't much time left to extract the scout team. Already one of them had gone down. Taking careful aim, Kingsley tried to plant a grenade between the remaining vulture and the webber, hopefully catching both in the blast.

OOC: Alright, aiming right between the two. Going top to bottom in roll order.
Attack: 2#1d20+1d6+2 16 24
Huh, so hit on the vulture and crit on the webber.
Ominous presence Ominous presence Mind keeping the webber busy and off of the soldiers?
 

Ominous presence

Registered User
Validated User
Harvey turns towards the Webber and draws the laser rifle off his back. He braces it against his shoulder as the weapon's barrel extends and expands, the muzzle glowing as he fires off a blast. He should have braced a moment longer. The shot goes wide and nearly topples the Lancer as the power core ejects with more force than he was prepared for.

OOC: Blasting the Webber: 1d20+2d6k1 4 Hopefully he at least got its attention.
 

Graograman

Life on the oncoming lane
Validated User
Secrets

Kingsley's grenade lands squarely in the middle of the last two creatures, and both come apart in a hail of gore. The soldiers don't miss a beat: they grab their comrade's body and haul it inside the APC as quick as they can as they slam the hatch close.

One of the jockeys taps into your feed:
"You'd better take al look at this, that was just the vanguard, the rest of them are coming up through sector delta-nine with an ETA of 15 minutes. We'd better warn HQ they've got incoming."

Not wanting to tip off the Karrakin about the comms diversion. Abigail routes the warning through Site Aplha's comm channels, and Jones takes advantage of the routing to update you.
"We got the lovebirds, they're singing quite nicely now, indeed. The Rep says that we still lack solid proof, so we still need to get into their files. Take advantage of the upcoming chaos to slip by unnoticed, I've left another squadron on stand-by in case you need another package pickup."

You slip inside the base unnoticed amidst the controlled chaos that is a combat deployment, and return to the motor pool without anyone so much as raising an eyebrow. In about four minutes, the leading edge of the attack force will hit the camp.

OOC:
OOC:
You're back at Site Beta with a squadron of drone jockeys and another of soldiers, what do you want to do next?
 

talam

Smile, smile!
Validated User
Kingsley looked at Harvey and Abigail.
"Seems like this is an opportunity to get access to their files and really dig deep."
 

Graograman

Life on the oncoming lane
Validated User
Secrets

You move out from the motorpool, leaving the two squads inside the APC, and head again to the A'Tuin, entering through one of the forward hatches. Inside things are pretty much as you expected: most of the admin personnel are glued to their consoles or drawing things on screens, while comms is doing their magic of getting every unit to be in their designed place. A couple of officers give you an enquiring look, but continue working on their consoles. You can also spot 8 of the Karrakin out of the list of 20 or so people you pulled out from the databanks.

OOC:
Where do you go from here? do you want to search their personal quarters for anything incriminating, or you'd rather try to hack into their comms from here, with the risk of the comms operators finding out?
 

HardKore Keltoid

RAW Cultist
Validated User
Abigail casts a keen tactical eye over the screens, absorbing information at a frankly terrifying rate. All very by-the-book, all very likely to go completely pear-shaped shortly.

She identifies the most flustered, green member of the officer corps and slips over to nonchalantly remove her headset. "Write me up later, but this plan is going to get someone killed - haven't you seen my latest reports on Subject 101-B?"

"Excuse me? Who the hell are --"

"Abigail Delacroix, First Expeditionary Lance." She jabs a finger at the screen. "Those may be signal noise, or they may be telltale indicators of Subject 101-B, "cloaked vultures".

Without even being given a seat, she dons the headset.

"Plans have changed. Third, sixth, ninth and eighteenth platoons, spread out and assume rear guard positions here, here and here..."

The moment she's allowed to sit down at the station, she does, and hacks the Karrakin comms channel without missing a beat.

OOC:

I am going to hack you, and you are going to thank me.

Command like a boss: 1d20+1d6 22

OMG HAX!: 1d20+2d6k1 23

 

talam

Smile, smile!
Validated User
Kingsley stood around, crossing his arms and just watching over everyone. Abigail and Harvey were the most qualified to do something now, he could just stand guard.

OOC: If a notice roll was required, I failed.
 
Top Bottom