[IC]Lancer: Planet of the Monsters

Ominous presence

Registered User
Validated User
As Abigail begins issuing orders, Harvey quietly nudges Kinglsey and motions in the direction of the Karrakin quarters. He slips out in the commotion to gather what evidence there is to find.

OOC: Nothing to see here: 1d20+1d6 13 Infiltration.
 

Graograman

Life on the oncoming lane
Validated User
Secrets

The comms operator is clearly indignant and he's about to say something when Abigail begins ordering the platoons to their new positions. A few moments later confirmation reports begin to pour in noting the cloaking gribblies and the operator wisely shuts up and goes to find something useful to do - which suits Abigail fine, as she sets a separate filter for the Karrakin comms and begins monitoring the incoming attack as well as their chatter.

Harvey slips out unnoticed and heads for the Karrakin's rooms, three levels below. The doors - as expected - are locked, but nothing that a hard shove won't solve. Soon Harvey is rifling through their belongings. There's little on the way of hard data, and Harvey is about to walkout of the room when he notices something weird behind the sleeping pallets. Digging hard and ripping the pallets off from the wall, Harvey uncovers a small smuggling compartment with two cases - one of them contains high-caliber, rapid-fire magpistols. The kind that are very rare, very expensive and extremely illegal. Judging by their make and ammo, they're meant to kill soldiers in combat armor and lancers alike.

Not pausing for a moment, Harvey rips out the next room's door and finds almost the same setup, only this time the cases are empty - this can only mean the Karrakin are armed and possibly planning something. He's about to send an update through the channel when something slams into him from behind.

Abigail continues to monitor the situation outside, when an influx of messages comes through the Karrakin channels - an activation code of some sort. She's frowns but begins storing the data into her hardsuit's memory. A muffled yelp makes her turn and she sees one of the operators with a bulky gun on his hand and the toppling corpse of one of the officers crashing to the floor.

Kingsley nods as Harvey leaves the room, and then sets down to watch the room, particularly the known Karrakin in the room. She watches Abigail take control of a console effortessly and begin directing the defenses. He takes a moment to check the updates to the tacnet when a muffled yelp snaps him back to attention. All of the Karrakin are standing and one of them has just shot an officer.

OOC:
Ok folks, bullet time is ON and it's your turn.
Ominous presence Ominous presence , the enemy has laid an ambush for you, but the attack failed miserably.
talam talam , H HardKore Keltoid , the room contains some 80 people, namely most (if not all) of the command staff for site Beta. As far as you can see, all of the Karrakin are armed, and they're intersped with the rest of the personnel.
 

talam

Smile, smile!
Validated User
"Everyone get down!" Kingsley shouted at the non-Karrakin as he started to wade into the armed men and tie them up.

OOC: I got a 6 to attack, I've probably missed.

EDIT: Goliath Weave allows me to re-roll brawl rolls!
Goliath Weave Re-roll: 1d20+1d6 18
So that's 2 kinetic.
 

HardKore Keltoid

RAW Cultist
Validated User
Abigail does not, in fact, get down.

"Kraken-actual, we are experiencing a minor bout of treason, please stand by."

She lobs her personal drone into the air, where it scans the room and feeds the positions of the enemy into her squad's implants, then she vanishes in an optical shimmer.

When next anyone catches sight of her, there's blood on her hands, and a screaming man twitching on the end of her induction spike. She's working her way around the perimeter.

OOC: Dakkadakkadakka: 1d20+2 14
2 damage.
 

Graograman

Life on the oncoming lane
Validated User
Secrets

Kingsley crosses half the room in one stride and slams his fist into the Karrakin's helmet, launching him straight into the wall - he's not waking up anytime soon, that's for sure - just as Abigail shakes off the twitching Karrakin from her spike and stalks the next target.

As if a switch where thrown, the room erupts into chaos, with half of the comms people diving for the floor while shouting instructions, presumably at the soldiers in the field, while the officers mill around scanning for threats - at least until another mosquito-like whine and another officer falls to the floor with a hole where the heart should be.
Methodically, the Karrakin begin targeting the officers in the room, trying to pick them off as quickly as possible, while the two closest to the exit lay try to take out both lancers with a barrage of flechettes, screaming at the rest of the Karrakin to kill the officers quickly.

It's pretty much given that their goal is to remove as many elements of the chain of command as quickly as they can.

OOC:
Abigail and Kingsley take each 1HP damage. Since I'd rather not go through a blow-by-blow fight with each and every bad guy on the room, feel free to target more than one of them - you can add -1 accuracy for each extra two targets to your roll. If you hit, they're either dead or stunned, your choice.
That said, there are 9 officers left alive, and 18 bad guys in the room. Your goal is to keep as many officers alive as possible.
 

talam

Smile, smile!
Validated User
Kingsley waded into the soldiers, the large man not bothering with subtlety and going for big, sweeping attacks. As the unconscious soldiers dropped their weapons, he kicked them towards the officers.

"Fight back," he roared at them.

OOC: My hardsuit has armour 2, so do their weapons just plink off of me?

Also:Goliath Weave Re-roll: 1d20 18
So that's 3 down.
 

HardKore Keltoid

RAW Cultist
Validated User
Abigail provides covering fire, but so far seems not to have felled any of her adversaries.

"Harvey? Any time you're ready." she huffs over the comms,

OOC: Let the bodies hit the floor: 1d20+2-7d6k1 5

Past a certain point, piling on Difficulty doesn't really worsen your odds much, but that roll wouldn't have hit much anyway.
 

Graograman

Life on the oncoming lane
Validated User
Secrets

The chaos in the command room was soon compounded by the harassed voices of the squad leaders asking for a sitrep, fireteams screaming for a medic and a few officers hailing back demanding to know what the hell was going on.

Kingsley dodged a few more bullets going his way and smashed his fist on another Karrakin's jaw, taking advtantage of the dead weight to swing the traitor like a club and knocking two more back to the wall, as Abigail showers the opposition with a hail of suppressing fire, forcing them to hide behind the desks. A few brave - or foolhardy - souls attemp to return fire to little effect as their shots go wide off the mark.

Emboldened by the sudden roar of gunfire, some of the officers begin shooting back as well, but the Karrakin's armor proves difficult to penetrate, and they do little to fell the traitor's numbers.

OOC:
So, 14 Karrakin still breathing, 9 officers alive. They definitively seem rattled by the return fire and aren't hitting anything - again.
 

talam

Smile, smile!
Validated User
Kingsley continued to tie up the soldiers, doing his best to present himself as the most immediate threat while giving Abigail an opportunity to pick off their assailants.

OOC: Oh boy did I miss, even with the re-roll.
 

HardKore Keltoid

RAW Cultist
Validated User
Abigail drops her PDW, grabs a machine pistol off the nearest dead traitor, and unloads it into the nearest living one. She moves like a killing wind, devastating to life, limb and morale. She does not reload, she throws empty pistols to the officers and lets them find magazines on their own time. Weapons are as plentiful as corpses, and where she treads, corpses are abundant.

Granted, she does not kill fourteen traitors in as many seconds, but she makes a fine effort! Perhaps six personally die by her hand, the others surrender, or are swiftly slain by the increasingly emboldened and armed officer corps.

OOC:

At this point, Abigail is surrounded by light weapons, and the reroll's more useful than the extra damage or range of her PDW, so she grabs some!

Bodies, floor, etc: 1d20+2-6d6k1 7

That's a miss.

The return of the son of let the bodies.....: 1d20+2-6d6k1 10

That's a hit, on all of them.
 
Top Bottom