[IC]Lancer: Planet of the Monsters

HardKore Keltoid

RAW Cultist
Validated User
The lance of energy is a distant sting, Abigail is observing it, not feeling it.

"Scouts, move up and scratch our backs! Mechanized? load APDS and fire precisely on my mark."

With that, Adrastia hunkers down, bracing its left hand in its right, and locking firmly onto a spiner.

OOC:

Scouts move up and kill vultures.

Steadying aim.

Revealing Spiner and Webber 1 with ATHENA protocol, thereby denying them cover. Mechanized should try to fire on them.. Anybody that can't get in range can join me in smiting Spiner 3.

Dakkadakka@Spiner 3: 3#1d20+3d6k1+2 16 18 10

At least two hits, maybe 3? The LMGs are arcing weapons, and the river surely isn't cover from above.

BOOM@Spiner 3: 1d20+2-1d6k1 11

Maybe a hit. No spicy rounds this time, just shooting it and trying to hit.

Damage@Spiner 3: 3d3+3 12

Move up the drones, we may yet need them, but not in a straight line intersecting a Spiner and another unit.

 

Ominous presence

Registered User
Validated User
Einherjar intercepts the Webber before it can close in on Knightmare, unleashing a blast of flame and a flurry of slashes from the white-hot edge of his sword and shock knife. The air is rippling around Einherjar as heat is channeled to key points on it's weapons and hull.

OOC: Moving up to Webber 3 (change my position please) and attacking.

Flame thrower on Webber 3: 1d20+3 12 Hit?
Damage: Burn 4 +1 heat

Sword slash at Webber 3: 1d20+3 18 Hit
Damage: 1d6+4 6 +2 Burn

Shock Knife on Webber 3: 1d20+3 18
Damage: 3E +1 Burn (1 heat self)

Overcharging: 1d3 2

Second sword slash at Webber 3: 1d20+3 5 Miss.

That should put me at 5 heat, one off from DZ.
 

Graograman

Life on the oncoming lane
Validated User
Showdown, Turn 4

The battlefield erupts into chaos as Harvey smashes into one of the webbers, mauling and burnig the creature until it's almost dead... that is, until one of the shells from the mechanized infantry finishes the job. The last swarm hurries forward, trying to swamp Abigail, before falling afoul of the spike trap and being reduced to goo.

Abigal fires ineffectually to the webber providing cover for the biological artillery - the guns proving hardly capable of penetrating the creature's thick webs. Both mechanized units bombard both creatures, putting their shells to good use and leaving high-caliber holes on the creature's hides.

The last of the webbers manages to get a hold of Kingsley with a glancing blow, tearing into the mech's armor and leaving a gaping rent in the composite.

A vast pulse of energy sweeps the battlefield, temporarily damping the comms. Then, as quickly as it came, it disappears.

"Vanguard team, this is Command. The fish has taken the bait - scans show a secondary force splitting from the main thrust and heading into your general vicinity, ETA 10 minutes and counting.
Be advised: the splinter has a wide-area jamming field and we cannot ascertain the composition of the force, but last scan shows a large number of vultures and fast strikers. Finish whatever you're doing as quick as you can, before you're overwhelmed."


Jone's voice is calm and controlled, and judging from the orders coming out of the secondary channels, she's deploying most of the artillery to blunt the advance of the main force.

OOC:
Kingsley takes 10 AP kinetic damage.
OOC:
OOC:

The counter begins this turn, you have 10 turns remaining before the big bad shows up. The scouts can re-poison the spike pits one time only, you can order them to do so at your convenience.
 

talam

Smile, smile!
Validated User
Knightmare drove its pike into the webber, cutting it down. Kinglsey had his mech turn around and head towards the few remaining enemies, getting ready to cut them down as well.

OOC: Attack: 1d20+1d6+5 23
Damage: 4d6k2+6 15
That is a dead Webber 4 with 15AP going into it.
 

HardKore Keltoid

RAW Cultist
Validated User
Adrastia is a silvery blur of motion flitting from cover to cover. Abigail's panoptical onslaught blankets the area , pointing out weaknesses in the enemy's cover. Almost as an afterthought, her autogun snap off a shot.

OOC:

Boosting cover to cover.

Placing my ATHENA cloud over the last two opponents, which denies them cover.

Mechanized, open fire! Scouts, move toward cover. Repair drones, get up here, you're about to be needed.

Giving the spiner my Exemplar's Mark when I shoot it at the end of the round.

BOOM@Spiner: 1d20+2 19

Which I do, for a flat 3 damage.
 

Ominous presence

Registered User
Validated User
Einherjar flies towards the last two targets, visible mostly due to the dangerous amounts of heat emanating from him. He slows just enough to catch both creatures in the blast of his flamethrower before closing to bring his sword and knife to bear. Firebrand reduces the Webber to cinders in short order, while the Spiner is set alight by Harvey's shock knife. A bright flash and sharp crack! sound as what at first looked to be a critical reactor failure shows that Harvey has managed to weaponize the tremendous energy he's so recklessly tapping into.

OOC: Overcharging to Boost, then moving up and attacking.

Overcharge!: 1d6 4 Heat is at 9, activating Nuclear Cavalier!

Flamethrower at Spiner 1: 1d20+3 4 Miss.

Flamethrower at Webber 1: 1d20+3 8 Miss.

Sword attack vs Webber 1: 1d20+3-1d6 21 Crit!
Critical Damage: 4d6k2+4 16 +2 heat and Burn 2, it's likely very dead.

Stab vs Spiner 1: 1d20+3 18 Hit.
Damage: 3 energy + Burn 2 (1 heat self)

Firing Fuel Rod at Spiner 1: 1d20+1d6+3 11 Hit?
Damage, in case: 1d3+3 6 AP.
Heat loss: 1d3+1 2 (self)
 

Graograman

Life on the oncoming lane
Validated User
Showdown, Wait 10

Kingsley impales the last webber to the floor, like a giant butterfly beneath a collector's pin. Abigail neatly paints the last creature with her powerful sensors, allowing Harvey to finish it off in a flurry of stabs.

In the distance, towards the city, big guns rumble and flashes of light tear through the skies - the engagement has begun in earnest, as the radio dispatches make abundantly clear. So far the defenses are holding, but you're far from confident - you know fairly well that such things can turn in a heartbeat.

You track the incoming Kaiju by the ominous big hole in your network coverage - it's still a few minutes away, but steadily coming closer.

OOC:
Ok, that was faster than expected. You have 9 turns to move the troops and choose which spike pits are reactivated, before the big bad boss appears.
 

talam

Smile, smile!
Validated User
OOC: I roughly calculated that in six turns, the scouts can go, reactivate the two spiked pits and return to their original position. Also in that time, Kingsley can go, get a repair from the repair drone and then move to that hill area and get some cover.
 

Graograman

Life on the oncoming lane
Validated User
OOC:
Sounds good. You can turn the squares back to purple for both of the pits you want to reactivate, or let me know which ones and I'll do it later.
 

Graograman

Life on the oncoming lane
Validated User
Final Showdown, Turn 1

The minutes roll by slowly, interrupted occasionally by the shriek of vultures roaring by, or the thunderous pounding of the artillery. The soldiers in both crews joke nervously or check repeatedly their weapons as they scan anxiously the horizon, looking for some sign of the incoming fight.

Then, as sudden as a meteorite shower in a lagrange point - and certainly as unwelcome - a vanguard of vultures drop from the sky, shrieking and dodging, while from somewhere below the ground an explosion of dirt and trees reveal not one, but two huge monsters shaking off the last of the dirt, eerily silent as they approach the battleground. A sudden wave of white noise and electronic interference slams down on your comms.

The first Kaiju has the sickly white coloring of a creature not accustomed to daylight, though a somewhat bluish haze shimmers around its slender form. The second Kaiju is slightly taller than its companion, with a morass of tentacles atop its trunk. Both move with the kind of coordination that you have only seen in larger swarms of creatures.

OOC:
The epic fight begins! those of you who need a repair or a cooldown, take advantage of the last turns before moving on. As usual, vultures only have 1 HP, so remove them as you take them out.
 
Top Bottom