[IC&OOC] (D&D 5E) From Obscurity to Glorium

Elfwine

Validated User
Lunge and thrust, in and out again like it was just a vigorous dance.

OOC: +5 to hit, 1d8+5 damage, all the way.

KnockingBox

Validated User
Lacky resists the hill giant-ish urge to brain the beast with her kantele, and instead plunges into it with her rapier.

OOC: woof! sorry folks, i'm at energy level 0 this week. rapier attack up close and personal, still icy from the armor of agathys!

DeeCee

Drowning in Armour
Validated User
It's the blades of rapiers that bracket the second "death" of the boar; a metal opener, and definitive closer.

Lacky's strength makes her attack different than her normal, striking sparks as she finds cracks in the thing's hide even as it tries to stand once more.

Sandford looses another arrow as the beast staggers, managing to launch one into the horrific wounds opened all over its body.

Rock and warlock energy strike simultaneously, blasting apart the animental body, or at least making it lose necessary cohesion.

Eirlys' deft elven srike stops the residual movement of the beast's body. Even as she withdraws her blade, the internal light from the boar dims, then diminishes completely, until there's nothing on the groundby the party except a rapidly-eroding pile of minerals.

There's no ghostly image of the boar as it falls this time. There is animation in the body, then there is none. One moment staggering power in living rock and gem, the next...nothing.

All is quiet in the tomb of Galamakthros.

OOC: The beast was pretty close to death after your last round, and this one certainly sealed the deal. If the party takes minerals, I'll have them dispersed later.

DeeCee

Drowning in Armour
Validated User
OOC: Okay, that's a weird blip of silence. Didn't know if you guys were waiting for me?

In any case, there are literally hundreds of pounds of minerals available, enough to encumber anyone if they so desire. Most of it is in uncut gems, traces of precious metals, etc., so it needs refining and/or cutting to get the best value. The tusks are another matter, in that they appear to be gemstone but are as durable as if they had been protected via Glassteel or the like.

The party is still in the tomb, with at least two other places to investigate if they wish, or they can say the name a third time and get a portal back to Glorium.

Talisman

The Man of Talis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Ware the circle!" Othar cries, looking up at the circular portal in the ceiling. He relaxes as he sees the results of Drokk's efforts, the perfect symmetry of the magical portal now broken. He remains guarded for several moments, waiting for any signs of life from the mineral corpse, or from the bones, or more pounding sounds from beyond this chamber.

At length he relaxes. "Done and done well," he says with deep satisfaction, grinning at the others. "Shall we have a look around before we go back?"

OOC: Apologies for the radio silence. I've had an extremely exhausting few days and some of my games have suffered for it. Should be better from here on out.

I'm in favor of a little exploration, and we should definitely take those tusks, as well as a few handfuls each of rough gemstones.

Elfwine

Validated User
"Why not? There might be something more of interest here."

OOC: I agree on the issue of gems and tusks. I assume there's a variety of kinds of gemstone, from the description, so it's just what we want to carry so far as naming specific kinds, is that wrong?.

DeeCee

Drowning in Armour
Validated User
OOC: Nope, not wrong at all. Whatever you'd like to find (aside from radioactive and the like) for varieties of gemstone or metal veins are present. The metal only in small(er) quantities because it'd need to be separated from its matrix. It's like if you took a truckload of different colours of glasses, wires and chunks of metal, and blobs of actual mineral rock and somehow melted it all together like taffy. Most opaque on the outside, least opaque to clear/translucent the deeper into the body, like a skin/organs analogue made from normally inanimate matter. Only the tusks are hardened like glassteel.

Rolzup

Dinoczar
Validated User
[ B]"We must have a look about."[/B] Drokk was looking down at the boar's remains, an odd expression on his face. A bit of regret, a bit of wonder, and rather more pride than he was entirely comfortable with.

Snapping his gaze away from the pile of precious stones, the Warlock opened his hand and let his axe fall. It vanished before it could stroke the floor.

"We'll not have such an opportunity as this again, I'm certain. There are sights that should not go unseen."

OOC: Sorry for the silence; this has been a real kidney stone of a weekend. You know it's bad when you're looking forward to going back to work....

inlanoche

The rush of adrenaline wearing off, Sandford snaps back to reality, and moves to grab the boars eyes. Coming to the remains, he notices the tusks. “If one. Of these can be crafted into a blade....” he moves to pick one up. “We should take what we can before it becomes one with this places again. I fear it will not come again. “
He turns back to the pile sifting through it for gems, leaving the metals.
OOC: I will take a tusk, unless others would like them. Sandford is grabbing gems for the party to split.

Seeing the others focus on the unexplored cavern, he quickly fills his pockets and moves to follow.

KnockingBox

Validated User
Lacky hauls a tusk over her shoulders and stuffs her haversack with undifferentiated rock candy. It's good to be strong, baby!

No quips from her. She leads the way down the hallway to the rooms beyond the T junction, wielding the glassteel tusk something like a club.

Top Bottom