[IC] [SWN] Delta Drop

KnockingBox

Validated User
If, crossing her arms, looks at Manager Riwut with respect. She agrees, despite seeming distant: "Listening is the least we can do."

As she practiced during the long drill to this world, she makes her thoughts quiet so she can hear the ones around her. What is he feeling? What is he waiting to say?

Marc G.

Validated User
Giotto grins at the manager's compliments. "If the price is right, we'll handle anything you can throw at us. What do you need?"

Ninevehn

Heart-furnace
Validated User
Ifemelu listens to the sound of emotion and feeling, and she hears. Manager Riwut is hopeful, but measured, a little bit cautious. There's a thin spike of determination within that, bearing the words 'the stalemate must be broken'.

"The Aberastasun Taldea are not bad people, not really. But their leadership is corrupt, and they stole this election. It is intolerable. The people have risen in support of us, of the Lehen Eguna. But the Penjaga Ruma, the civil police and home guard, they have largely joined with the Taldeans. They hold most of the city, but cannot penetrate our lines. At the same time, we cannot survive pitched battle with the Ruma, so this fight has turned into a bloody series of probes and skirmishes. With time, perhaps one side or the other would prevail in other cities and reinforce us, bring victory to ourselves or the Taldeans here. But it would be better if we ended the conflict sooner. Your crew is both capable and willing to fight; we could use your help to change the tide of war."

Here he quirks an eyebrow, "The rewards would not be merely moral, I assure you."

"If you will fight for us, here is what I ask. The Ruma have an attached force of armor, a small squad of personnel carriers and light tanks. We have a man on the inside, clearing the way. We would draw them into battle, and have you destroy those tanks before they can be committed to the field. If you could capture them instead, that would be even better, but they must be denied to the Ruma first and foremost. Our spy is also in need of extraction, though again, the tanks must come first." He sighs deeply, rubbing at his eyes, suddenly looking weary, "the burden of war is heavy, but we must do what we must do."

KnockingBox

Validated User
He sighs deeply, rubbing at his eyes, suddenly looking weary, "the burden of war is heavy, but we must do what we must do."

If projects empathy. "We must. So it goes."

Delicately, she continues: "Our crew customarily discusses work in private. With respect and good faith, please excuse us for a moment. We will stay in sight of the guards."

She leads the crew out of the tent and into a huddle in the cold air of the RSK plaza. The monk looks up at the dome and counsels: "So."

"This is the kind of fight I want to join. There are practical things to learn here and take back to the rebellion on Hesione. It's true that commerce brought us to their camp, but my instinct is solidarity with the Lehen Eguna."

"Manager Riwut imagines us as the hard edge applied to a precise point that could break the local stalemate. I do not read him as desperate, deluded, or deceitful. My Abbott taught me not to kill for an unwinnable cause, but this is not wasted violence."

"I am still learning to swim on battlefields like this. Could we win a fight against armor? I have seen telekinesis break vehicles on Hesione, but it is beyond my grasp so far."

RoadScholar

Returning to sender
Validated User
"I think we should help," chuffs Axminster, then hastily adds. "For clan purposes only...the violence is just a bonus."
He nods at If's questions.
"You defeat armour by striking at it's disadvantages. Destroy the crew before they are in the armour, ruin fuel or ammunition supplies, bring the fight into an urban area, deny them access with tracks and tyres...that kind of thing," Axminster shrugs. "With the five of us, we'll have to do something combining as many of the disadvantages that we can. Or come up with some new advantages."

He squints a little at If and Theo. "Got anything you can add to the mix?...

KnockingBox

Validated User
"I can get up walls and inside places, and I fight very quietly. If we scout them out, I can take down the tank crews on foot - at least, I can try to extract the spy like I protected Ms. Din. It sounds like they want us to infiltrate, not fight head-on, which is in our power...and Theo can keep us alive without tools. That lowers our risks."

Naed Yar

Validated User
"What if we get our hands on the launcher with whatever missiles or rockets that are left?" San adds.

"To sneak up on the crew or the supplies should little issue for me as well."

rstites

Validated User
Theo listens, and goes along, "I will go where you need another body and I'll do what I can with my weapon or carry things," indicating the idea of lifting some of the enemies weapons.

To Axminster's query, "I can't do anything about a tank, at all. I can see inside you and I can put things back in place if they get out of place. That's something I couldn't do when we first met. If someone shot you, I could probably fix it, but I can't really do much if you get shot with a tank or ran over by one."

He then admits, "Most of the rest of my abilities are centered around denying other psychics access to their own powers, but then I didn't even realize the last one was there before they were in the act of disappearing. Speaking of which, they'll still be around and if we can be aware of them first, I can make things more difficult for them."

Marc G.

Validated User
Giotto rubs his chin thoughtfully. "If I can get inside one of them, I could get it moving, no problem. We'd probably have to slag the rest, unless one of you feels like taking one for a ride. The thing about military vehicles is their comms are as armored as the rest of them. I wouldn't count on my being able to remote in and get the whole lot out." He ponders for a second. "Maybe we could run hardlines between them and... nope. Bad plan."

Top Bottom