[IC] [SWN] Delta Drop

Ninevehn

Heart-furnace
Validated User
Once the decision has been reached, Manager Riwut nods and responds, "Very well. We have two days before the attack begins. Prepare yourselves as you will."

The Eguna open their storehouses to the crew, meager though they may be. They have munitions, field medical gear and military grade ancillary devices. Some of the regulars rotate through to discuss deployments and procedure with the team, and several briefings are held. The hospital complex isn't a military base, exactly, but they're clearly willing to use it for some staging and preparation. There's stuff to do, but not enough to stay busy all the time, and the wait becomes a source of stress on the base. There're nerves in the air, something both foreboding and exhilarating.
 

KnockingBox

Registered User
Validated User
If spends some time just watching and listening to the base personnel. If anyone asks, she explains her interest (less academically) as solidarity with another rebel movement and talks a bit with the Eguna officers about the situation on Hesione. Putting the occupation and resistance back home in the context of TL4 conflicts in the wider sector, as opposed to a millenarian religious crisis, is giving the monk a lot to think about.

If there are any available, she requisitions a pair of TL4 binoculars with low-light vision and longer range than her prized Iamassan pair.
 

Ninevehn

Heart-furnace
Validated User
February 9 3200, 12:30 AM
Irun Berriaren, Latsari


The battle has begun. Newly equipped, the team moves to the frontlines. The hiss of lasers and the rumble of low-grade explosives maintains a quiet presence in the background, never overpowering but never absent either. The Egunans have committed a substantial strike force of militia stiffened by their own Ruma units, and the Taldeans have responded in kind. In the cover of deep night, the crew moves forward, following the latest intel and trusting it to provide a path forward.

It is different to advance in an active warzone, even a low intensity one, than it is to adventure into risky situations. Different, but not unfamiliar to several of the crew, who guide the others through to their planned observation point; Theo distinguishes himself despite his lack of experience. From the top of an abandoned building, If adjusts the focus on her new binoculars and there the armor suddenly is, popping into sharp focus. Their camp is pitched near the front, screened by troops that the crew has now bypassed. The tanks shelter in the lee of a wall supporting a raised plaza. Several tents are pitched near them, containing their crews, technicians and supplies. The tanks are of postech make, but run on tracks instead of grav repulsors; San and Axminster determine that three of the five are armored personnel carriers, still dangerous but less so than the two true blue tanks in the squad. Giotto finds plenty to both admire and worry about in their armament, as each vehicle is carrying a light machine gun in addition to their main guns.

Headcounts are hard to get, with so many soldiers in their tents for the night, but the armor squad should have 10-15 crewmen, perhaps another 5 technicians to supplement the crew mechanics, and likely a full squad of Ruma troops to help protect them. Four of those Ruma are currently on guard, one on the wall above and the other three completing the diamond down below.
 
Last edited:

rstites

Active member
Validated User
Theo keeps his head down, not wanting to give them away, but he does try to scope out the land around. He's watching everything because he thinks that's what he should be doing. He keeps his weapon nearby, ready to join in the shooting when it starts, but definitely won't start anything.

However, he's keeping a specific eye out for the psionic he saw before, or anyone else like that. He doesn't know what he can do about them, but assumes that's the one place he has some ability that the others lack.
 

Naed Yar

Registered User
Validated User
San looks out over the encampment. He looks at the guards and tents and vehicles through his sights.

He asks Giotto, "Can you drive any of those? Or should we blow the tanks?"

"Regardless, to get to the tanks, we should sneak along that edge of the plaza. Use the rubble to our advantage. To get out, their militia should create a distraction for us as we leave pre-blowing the charges OR driving out in a new tank."
 

Marc G.

Registered User
Validated User
"Treads? Is this the Dark Ages?" Giotto shakes his head in disgust. "No, I haven't driven anything like this before, not sure I want this to be the first time. It would be worth checking one to see if their guns are loaded, we could waste this whole depot that way, easy." He thinks for a second. "Wait, we were supposed to extract someone from here first, right? Should probably look into that before cutting loose."
 

KnockingBox

Registered User
Validated User
If nods. "If one of you watches with a rifle, or comes with me on foot, I can look through the tents for the agent. I can manage the risk."

There's the issue of that one guard on overwatch above the rest. If says: "We should deal with that one quietly. I could throw my staff with TK. Or we try to shoot all four at once...?"
 
Last edited:

RoadScholar

Returning to sender
Validated User
Axminster nods assent at San's plans, then adresses If
"For maximum damage to the opponents, we should engage the sleepers, as they'll be out of armour and unprepared. Smoke rounds would increase their inability to rally. Could you move a satchel charge into the campsite, rather than a stick at a guard? San and I could probably just shoot them and engage the rest of the watch."
He looks at Theo and Giotto. "That'd leave you two free to engage in confusion and mayhem. Keep your camera's rolling if you do."
 
Last edited:

Marc G.

Registered User
Validated User
"Not bad, not bad. Smoke would give the spy an easy way to sneak out without being spotted, too. And...", Giotto digs his new Ghostwalker drone out of its case, "I put this bad boy up, it can tell us where the enemy is in the mayhem, so you can mop them up easier, while Theo and I secure the tanks."
 

KnockingBox

Registered User
Validated User
If nods. "Don't underestimate a stick in the right place. But pass me a charge and I will. I just...click it, yes?"

She leans toward Theo. "I'll be burning my candle short. Be ready to give me your energy, please. You have a talent I can't match."

She picks up a charge. "Ready to go down."
 
Top Bottom