[IC] [SWN] Delta Drop

Ninevehn

Heart-furnace
Validated User
Giotto launches the drone, expertly manipulating sensor feeds. There are six tents, one for supplies and repairs, one for the infantry, one for the techs and three for the tank crews. Residual thermal readings indicate a total of 25 people in the camp, including the four guards on sentry duty. Everybody but the sentries are tucked into the tents for the night. With his guidance, Axminster drops a smoke grenade into the densest collection of people, fogging 14 soldiers in their tents and dividing the camp in two. San and If dart forward covertly, the monk willing a satchel to the edge of a tent flap before depressing the plunger with her mind. A fireball blooms in the darkness, consuming the off duty infantry. San shoots at the nearest guard and misses as he slips from shadow to shadow. From behind him, a bright flare of plasma pulses out and misses as well, as Theo covers him from just a bit too far back to connect.

Moments later, the drone captures the distant whump of a grenade going off in a tank crew tent, and picks up the smoke-covered form of a lone figure darting towards the armor.
 

Naed Yar

Registered User
Validated User
Sangodele feels his training kick in. He presses forward. He listens for Giotto's observations. He hopes to guide If to a tank and find that spy.

If another guard puts himself in the commando's sights, he will pull up his rifle and try to end the threat. Otherwise, he will continue to skulk to the armor.
 

Marc G.

Registered User
Validated User
“That’s gotta be our contact, they’re heading for one of the tanks! Maybe they can give *us* a ride outta here!” Giotto continues relaying positional information to the rest of the team, hunkered down safely(?) behind a wall.
 

RoadScholar

Returning to sender
Validated User
Axminster scans for targets, trying to remember the positioning of the troops the other side of the smoke while doing so. He listens to Giotto's position details and readies his grenade launcher for a guided shot.
 

rstites

Active member
Validated User
Theo continues to provide support, both with his weapon for his fellow soldier, and with mental power to his partner.
 

KnockingBox

Registered User
Validated User
Assuming If can see the darting figure through the smoke, she listens deeply and reads them. What are they thinking and feeling beneath the adrenalin?

Alongside San, she advances toward the armor in Mindwall stance, adjusting her psi attunement and her posture to carry her staff more freely. She's anticipating incoming fire and ready to deflect, no-mind style.
 

Ninevehn

Heart-furnace
Validated User
Theo moves forward into cover whilel shooting at a guard, missing and being missed in return, but has at least gotten into effective range. San and If continue advancing, taking incoming fire as they do so. If moves smoothly, keeping ahead of a stream of las fire. San is less smooth, not being able to see the shots before they happen, and feels a burning line cross his chest armor, too long and bright to be a glancing blow. If sees the supposed spy and reaches towards his mind, feeling his excitement and fear, reading the brief 'This is it, time to go!' racing across his thoughts. He's moved to an APC near the back of the line and is starting to board it. The near tank crew has exited their tent and are moving for their tank, fumbling with pistols and gear as they do so.

Giotto calls out coordinates to guide Axminster, but this sort of indirect, manual artillery fire is an imprecise art. The shot goes wide, crashing into the supply tent and touching off something volatile, triggering an explosion that covers an area in black smoke and spreads a long splash of raging fire down one side of the camp. At least nobody will be leaving that way. Giotto monitors the camp as best he can, noting that neither the techs nor the second tank crew have left their tents. When they do enter the fray, they'll likely be prepared for it. The guard that was cut off is circling around the smoke, moving to reinforce his squadmates.
 

RoadScholar

Returning to sender
Validated User
"This is a nice little cluster," rumbles Axminster to himself before tapping comms. " Spot me on the crew tent, Driver. Let's keep them jumpy. San, hows the guard sit'ch?....argh, I hate that word."
 

Naed Yar

Registered User
Validated User
San replies, "Status quo . . . between the numbers and the smoke and explosions, the sit'ch is that. We may have found the treasure." He shoots at the tank crew. "Stop," he barks at them.
 

KnockingBox

Registered User
Validated User
If says, simply: "It's him. Watch his back."

All her focus goes into her deflecting stance. She dashes to close the distance with the near tank crew while staying out of San's line of fire, ready to crack some heads once she's in range.
 
Top Bottom