• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IC] [SWN] Delta Drop

KnockingBox

Registered User
Validated User
If calls Theo over for a psionic reinvigoration.

"How hard can it be to ride - er, drive a tank, really? With some guidance over the commlink, a peek into probability for certain levers and buttons...it would be awful to leave one more to waste."

She ponders the future. "Either way, tell them we're coming. We'll need more eyes on us."
 

RoadScholar

Returning to sender
Validated User
"Could we take the wheeled things?" asks Axminster, "and just blow the others up? Or just take one and leave a satchel charge in the second?"
He's scanning for re-enforcements as he speaks through the commlink.
 

rstites

Active member
Validated User
Theo provides the energy to If, as he moves up to help where needed with the tanks. He's ready to help where necessary.
 

Ninevehn

Heart-furnace
Validated User
Giotto moves to the tanks, his drone guarding the rear. On closer inspection, contraindicating the initial recon, the two main battle tanks have grav repulsors. He has never dealt with this local design before, but most control schemes are rooted in Mandate-era layouts, so it won't pose much of a challenge to adjust to. San moves to the occupied APC, raising the spy on his comms. The man is terse, but relieved, "Glad you showed up. Let's load out and move out before they have a chance to reclaim this armor." He has already fired the engine of his vehicle up and is idling, waiting for the team to retreat.

Ifemelu and Theo meet near the head of the tank column, Theo extending his control of metadimensional energy to channel that power into the monk. He pushes himself close to the edge of his limits to do so, drawing deeply from that well of energy. Ifemelu boards a tank, finding the controls to be very unfamiliar, but not entirely indecipherable. She's watched Giotto and Skate pilot ships before, and this doesn't seem so different!

The coast is clear for now. Theo and Axminster have the option to crew the remaining APCs. They consider this option as they watch Ifemelu discover the difference between thrust and turret controls.
 

RoadScholar

Returning to sender
Validated User
"Ah, Khorrkh let me try one." Axminster lumbers into an APC, leaving Theo to decide whether to follow or try the last vehicle.
"Talk to us, Driver, or put that spy on the net if he knows more than us. I wonder what this does...". There's a clang, a curse and some Ruuchi Horchog terms you won't find in the translator chips.
 

rstites

Active member
Validated User
To himself, "Ah, hell with it. Peer pressure and all that," as Theo decides to climb into the last one and attempts to figure the thing out.

Over the comm, "OK, someone tell me what button to push and don't expect anything too exciting......or well, hopefully nothing too exciting."
 

Naed Yar

Registered User
Validated User
San recalls teaching new recruits new skills. Every piece of equipment added makes seem like they are starting over from scratch.

He begins to move, sight-in, rotate, etc. the main gun of the tank he is in. He tries to scan the area to check for enemies.

"Once, you get in the driver's seat, get moving but don't overdo it."
 

Ninevehn

Heart-furnace
Validated User
The tanks moves out in fits and starts, forming a shaky line pointed back towards friendly territory. Progress is steady but slow, as the ersatz crews balance haste with the need to keep control of their vehicles. It is perhaps inevitable that the progress made is not enough. Giotto's dataslab pings, his drone alerting him to the presence of hostile infantry closing on the rear of their line. At the same time, If receives a comms transmission from her summoned reinforcements. Both sides are closing on the tanks and will arrive nearly simultaneously.

The rebel reinforcements are much more numerous, an infantry platoon reinforced by a squad of militia, but the two heavy squads of Taldeans are desperate to keep the armor from falling into enemy hands. They close to firing range heedless of the many guns pointing their way, courageous even unto the jaws of death!
 

rstites

Active member
Validated User
Theo watches for some form of coverage from the approaching enemy. If he can find cover, he'll try to maneuver to get guns lined up on the enemy, but that's definitely second priority for him.

Sweat runs down his young face as he concentrated on all the unfamiliar levers, knobs, switches, and lights in front of him and just hopes he doesn't screw anything up too bad.
 

Naed Yar

Registered User
Validated User
"With their arms, I'd find cover if I were the rest of you." The commando feels that his suggestion will fall on deaf ears in the Horchog's headset.

San cannot resist it. He turns the main cannon towards the incoming Taldeans. He points it at the nearest squad and fires. Then he begins to reload or reacquire targets. He actively looks for anti-armor weapons.
 
Top Bottom