IC Thread. CoC. "I shall show you fear in a handful of dust."

Talisman

The Man of Talis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Kimball continues to bring up the rear, periodically checking behind him. He could swear he hears a faint rattle, but it's probably just nerves.

Walkie Talkie Noise Decoder

There are monkey boys in the facility
Validated User
With the Mexican lady and her child in the centre of the troopers, the rescue party gets ready to move but comes to an immediate halt when Higgins gives a loud grunt of pain.

Turning to look they see him slowly let go of his rifle, which clatters to the ground. The young Private has time to look each of his companions in the eye, before slowly crumpling to join his weapon.

And there behind, previously hidden from view by the now convulsing trooper, is a snake of giant proportions. Fully 12ft long the massive Rattlesnake hisses, shakes it's rattle and lightning quick strikes poor Quezada before the Mexican has a chance to act. None present has ever seen anything move so fast before...

Letting out a squeal of panic the Mexican woman bolts for the Canyon's exit.

Up in the scaffolds the three troopers there see that something is amiss, but for the moment everyone down there in the shadows is too close together for a clean shot.

OOC: San rolls from Kimball and Summers please 0/1d4. Snake is within your dex in ft so gun skills are doubled. Shot gun is 4d6 and pistol 1d10+2. Both Summers and Kimball have shotguns.

At the moment those in the scaffold dont need to make a SAN roll as they cant make out the snake clearly. This will change if Summers and Kimball make a run for it, which will also give the snipers a clear shot.
The snake is way out of range of the spear.

Last edited:

Talisman

The Man of Talis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Private Kimball reacts almost instantly; as Quezada crumples, the soldier jerks his shotgun into firing position and pulls the trigger. The BOOM! drowns out that hideous rattle.

"SNAKE!" Kimball bellows at the top of his lungs. "Big damn rattler! Higgins and Quezada are bit!"

He backs away from the monstrous serpent, keeping his shotgun aimed at it.

OOC: SAN 2/55. Kimball's got some steely nerves at the moment.
Shotgun: 30/120; damage 17
I figure a SAN roll like that means he's relatively clear-headed.

thirdkingdom

RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: I've been without internet since Friday and virtually no cell reception. Will update when I get a chance.

Validated User
Kimball's shot cuts the snake in two and it falls to the ground thrashing about, it's death throes matching those of Quezada and poor young Higgins.

To one side Sergeant Summers can see that the snake is certainly dead. No coming back from that...

And up at the scaffolds Worthington, Scott and Thibodeau can see that if they don't stop her, the Mexican lady and her son will run right out of the canyon.

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Thibodeau

Thibodeau doesn't have any Spanish, really, but he tries to shout at the departing woman in French, figuring that another Romance language might work. "Mere! Arretez!"

OOC: Persuade 45%: 19 would work even at half skill, so that's got a chance.

Validated User
Thibodeau

Thibodeau doesn't have any Spanish, really, but he tries to shout at the departing woman in French, figuring that another Romance language might work. "Mere! Arretez!"

OOC: Persuade 45%: 19 would work even at half skill, so that's got a chance.
Whether she understood him or not Thibodeau would never know. But she stops dead in her tracks, looks up, screams in horror and promptly faints. Luckily the baby lands on top of her, the rattle in his hand shaking ominously...

Validated User
Back in the canyon the Sergeant and private Kimball come to the conclusion that the threat is over. Silence falls.

At their feet lie their two dead companions.

OOC: Kimball and Summers one san roll each please. 0/1d6. Watching friends die a horrible death.

Last edited:

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Back in the canyon the Sergeant and private Kimball come to the conclusion that the threat is over. Silence falls.

At their feet lie their two dead companions.

OOC: one san roll each please. 0/1d6. Watching friends die a horrible death.
OOC: Is that for the troops on the scaffolds as well? I'm still not clear on exactly how much Thibodeau knows about what's going on, is why I ask.

Validated User
OOC: Just for Summers and Kimball. I edited the post

Top Bottom