• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Thread. CoC. "I shall show you fear in a handful of dust."

Walkie Talkie Noise Decoder

There are monkey boys in the facility
Validated User
Rockface.

Memories of books read and old Indian myths come flooding back to Thibodeau. In particular the Pawnee legend about the "Whistle Dance." In this legend, a man travels with the aid of the wind to the land of the dead to find his recently deceased wife. An old woman who helps him along on his journey gives him a rattle and tells him that the warriors who die on the plains make their home within it. If an enemy comes near and he removes the handle, the warriors will come forth to attack his foes.

It's close enough to make the Trooper suspect that the spirit of the old Indian killed by Kimble is now in the rattle, likely waiting to posses the young child at some point. Luckily Thibodeau is mentally strong and can easily shrug off the horrific implications of this. Whether his friends can is another matter.

Kimball can see that his friend has discovered something...

OOC: I made a san roll and Thibodeau passed easily no san loss. 0/1d6.San 76 1d6: 1d100 13 1d6 3

Last edited:

Validated User
Ancient statue.

Scott winds his way through the rocky ground to the statue. Suspended above is the dead revolutionary. His bloodless corpse swinging in the breeze which causes the rope to creak.

Shining his lantern the trooper examines the serpent like statue. The light reflects off what might be gems in it's slitted eyes and stone that is sticky with congealed blood. It's a scary sight but after what has come before Scott shrugs it off. Half snake and half man....

OOC: luck roll please. Failure means you surprise 1d3 sleeping rattle snakes.

Validated User
Campsite

Sergeant Summers and Corporal Worthington sit by the fire with the silent woman and her now laughing, rattle shaking child.

Firelight flickers on the dead Indian's bullet damaged face, who still lies where he fell several yards away. It makes it looks as if his mouth is moving.

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Thibodeau

Thibodeau pockets his notebook and pencil and turns to Kimball: "I don't mean to ask too personal a question, Amos, but are you a believing man? In religion of some sort, I mean. Miracles, things like that?"

thirdkingdom

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Corporal Worthington

Worthington takes a blanket from the backpack of one of his fallen comrades and covers the old, dead indian with it. "I think we should burn this body in the morning, along with that damned rattle."

RuneMagus

Validated User
Ancient statue.

Scott winds his way through the rocky ground to the statue. Suspended above is the dead revolutionary. His bloodless corpse swinging in the breeze which causes the rope to creak.

Shining his lantern the trooper examines the serpent like statue. The light reflects off what might be gems in it's slitted eyes and stone that is sticky with congealed blood. It's a scary sight but after what has come before Scott shrugs it off. Half snake and half man....

OOC: luck roll please. Failure means you surprise 1d3 sleeping rattle snakes.
OOC: Luck (55): 1d100 67
Snakes: 1d3 2
Dodge (90): 2#1d100 36 79
Stab with spear: 2#1d100 77 62

Surprising himself as much as them Scott disturbs a pair of rattlers and quickly tries to dodge out of the way keeping them out of striking distance as he tries to skewer them with the spear.

Validated User
Ancient Statue

The two Rattlesnakes make their escape by slithering off between rocks and Scott's badly aimed spear thrusts. Whatever the weapon can achieve in flight is obviously missing when used by hand.

As he flashes his lantern about to make sure that they've truly gone, a terrible racket starts. First close at hand but quickly spreading to all parts of the canyon. Rattlesnakes.

Scores of them, possibly hundreds.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr….Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr….Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr….Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr….

OOC: Everyone can hear them

Talisman

The Man of Talis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Thibodeau

Thibodeau pockets his notebook and pencil and turns to Kimball: "I don't mean to ask too personal a question, Amos, but are you a believing man? In religion of some sort, I mean. Miracles, things like that?"
Kimball shrugs. "I guess? I haven't been to church as often as I should, but you mean stuff like Jesus walking on water and the loaves and the fishes and all that? I've never really thought about it; I mean, I believe it happened, but it doesn't really affect me, you know?"

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr….Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr….Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr….Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr….
Kimball snaps around, suddenly distracted from questions of theology. "Jehoshaphat! Did you hear that?" He hops on a flat boulder and tries to look in all directions simultaneously.

Validated User
OOC: Thibodeau and Kimball are just outside the box canyon, so luckily no where near any snakes , though they can hear them.

Summers and Worthington are amongst the scaffolds on the high ground, by the entrance to the box canyon.

Scott is in the middle of the box canyon, surrounded by snakes. Little ones.

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Thibodeau

Kimball shrugs. "I guess? I haven't been to church as often as I should, but you mean stuff like Jesus walking on water and the loaves and the fishes and all that? I've never really thought about it; I mean, I believe it happened, but it doesn't really affect me, you know?"

Kimball snaps around, suddenly distracted from questions of theology. "Jehoshaphat! Did you hear that?" He hops on a flat boulder and tries to look in all directions simultaneously.
Thibodeau swings the lantern around toward the sound. "I don't see anything, but it sounds like quite a collection. Sarge! What's going on?" Thibodeau shouts.

Top Bottom