IC Thread. CoC. "I shall show you fear in a handful of dust."

ncc2010

Blue Blaze Irregular
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Fall back to the perimeter," Summers responded, "we don't need to lose any more to...snakes." He made a rapid decision. "If we can, we burn that old man's body now!"

Walkie Talkie Noise Decoder

There are monkey boys in the facility
Validated User
OOC: As that is an order Im presuming that it will be obeyed.

Campfire.

Soon everyone is back, the last being private Scott who had to dodge several irate Rattlesnakes during the hurried return trip.

There's plenty of wood and lamp oil to burn the dead Indian.

Last edited:

thirdkingdom

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Corporal Worthington

Worthington begins to pile wood around the Indian and douse it with lamp oil. "Someone take the rattle from that kid, but don't touch it with bare skin, and throw it on this here pyre.. There might be some kind of . . . poison or something . . . on it. We're going to want to move camp, too, once we set this body alight."

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Thibodeau

"Not to speak out of turn, Corporal," Thibodeau says still breathing a little hard from the retreat, "but I'm not sure that's a good idea. The natives here seem to think that the soul of the old man is in that rattle now. Destroying it might just let him out. Maybe better to find an old mine shaft and sink the thing deep."

ncc2010

Blue Blaze Irregular
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Or burning it with him," Summers said. "Seems to me that might work, too. I don't like any of this."

Validated User
There's a thud and a rattle as the snake skin gourd lands by the unlit funeral pyre

"Burn it" says Lupi Escobar in Spanish "I want to go home."

The Mexican woman makes a sign to avert the evil eye and then looks away, drawing her now sleeping son further under her blanket.

RuneMagus

Validated User
Scott picks up the rattle ignoring the warning of poison in part because he doesn't believe all this and because the child and mother were fine handling it and throws it onto the pyre, closely followed by a burning brand from the fire.

Last edited:

Validated User
The funeral pyre flares up and after a minute or so there's an audible crack as the gourd breaks, and a hiss of what sounds like escaping air. The flames leap upwards and turn bright green for an instant before returning to their normal size….

-------------------------FIN-------------------------

Validated User
OOC: Thanks very much everyone. That's a good place to stop I think.
I will return to the OOC thread where I can answer questions if needed and then if anyone is interested offer skill raises to take the characters up to the 1920s.

Some time in the near future I will run another with the same characters or new ones set in the 1920's.

Top Bottom