• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

ICONS discussion thread vol 3...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaysin1414

Validated User
I have a few questions..

Strength 6 is the max a normal human should have but in the strength lifting chart you can lift a car? Is this right or an error?

I have a character with Leaping 3. How far is that? The Leaping power entry only takes about level 7 and beyond.
There's been quite a few instances where, given the proper motivation, regular folks have been capable of some pretty extraordinary feats of strength, including lifting up cars.

I'd think a strength of 6 should let someone like Capt. America (the pinnacle of human potential) could feasibly lift a car with the proper amount of effort.

But in this case, and your question about leaping, just do what feels right for your game. If you don't want non-supers to lift cars, change the scale slightly. With Leaping 3, just make a judgment call (say 50 yards or so), but keep it consistent within the confines of your game.

Fearless Leader

Validated User
I too love the random chargen. My first character:

SEQUOIA

Origin: Birthright (daughter of Redwood and Sylph)

Prowess 4
Coordination 4
Strength 4
Intellect 5
Awareness 4
Willpower 4

Stamina 8
Determination 1

Powers

Plant Control 6
Plant Growth 5
Absorption 4 (Light -> Healing)
Wizardry (Awareness) 2 (Growth, Fast Attack)

Specialties

Ecology
Wresting (Expert)

Qualities

Catchphrase: Not Daddy's Little Girl
Epithet: Sexy Plant Elemental
Motivation: Protect the eco-system

Challenges

Weakness: Pollution
Enemy: Char, the Karbon Killer
Personal: Hates Polluters
Personal: The ends justify the means.

Sequoia is the only daughter of the heroic Redwood, and her villainous mother, Sylph. Raised in privilege and comfort by her mother (who says crime doesn't pay?) she has rebelled, taken up her father's cause and blazed her own trail as a champion for the planet. This has some seeing her as a hero, and others as a villain.

Dragon_Blooded

Social Justice Main Tank
Validated User
I'm reposting Gravitron, because now I have an picture of the Mighty Fighting Robot (I'm not sure about the color scheme, though), made with the Champions Online character creator demo:

Name: Mighty Fighting Robot Gravitron
Origin: Artificial (+2 Strength, may choose Life Support as a bonus power)

Prowess: 7
Coordination: 2
Strength: 7
Intellect: 4
Awareness: 4
Willpower: 5

Powers:

Life Support: 5 (Breathing, Pathogens, Pressure, Radiation, Toxins)
Aura (Gravity Disruption Field): 4
Gravity Control: 5 (Defending, Moving)
Super Speed: 4

Specialties:

- Athletics
- Power: Gravity Control
- Wrestling

Stamina: 12

Background: Created by the alien Infirmians, Gravitron was their secret weapon during their last attempt to invade Earth. Powered by Earth enormous gravity (at least, from the Infirmians perspective, since their native planet has a terribly low gravity), they would have had succeeded if Gravitron's electronic brain hadn't been hacked by the hero Professor Progress. Free of the Infirmians control, Gravitron joined Earth's heroes in their victorious battle to drive the aliens away.

Description: enormous, made of metal and really, really strong. Gravitron speaks with a deep, baritone's voice thanks to the Professor's changes (he had a metallic, robotic voice when he served the Infirmians).

Determination: 1

Qualities:
- Catchphrase: “Prepare to be CRUSHED!”
- Connection: Professor Progress
- Motivation: Protect Earth and its inhabitants
- Epithet: Mighty Fighting Robot
- Identity: Ex-Infirmian Superweapon

Challenges:
- Enemy: Captain Mikus, head of the Infirmian Expeditionary Force
- Personal: really, really clumsy
- Social: giant scary metal robot
- Weakness: magnetism and magnetic powers

Eduardo Penna

Last edited:

CHARLIBANANAS

Validated User
I'll ask here as the other thread has been shut down, have all the pre order links been sent out as I haven't been sent one, I ordered mine through Leisure games of London on the 25th of Feb. :(

Alienmastermind

Master of Dungeons
Validated User
I'm reposting Gravitron, because now I have an picture of the Mighty Fighting Robot (I'm not sure about the color scheme, though), made with the Champions Online character creator demo:

Name: Mighty Fighting Robot Gravitron
Origin: Artificial (+2 Strength, may choose Life Support as a bonus power)

Prowess: 7
Coordination: 2
Strength: 7
Intellect: 4
Awareness: 4
Willpower: 5

Powers:

Life Support: 5 (Breathing, Pathogens, Pressure, Radiation, Toxins)
Aura (Gravity Disruption Field): 4
Gravity Control: 5 (Attacking, Moving)
Super Speed: 4

Specialties:

- Athletics
- Power: Gravity Control
- Wrestling

Stamina: 12

Background: Created by the alien Infirmians, Gravitron was their secret weapon during their last attempt to invade Earth. Powered by Earth enormous gravity (at least, from the Infirmians perspective, since their native planet has a terribly low gravity), they would have had succeeded if Gravitron's electronic brain hadn't been hacked by the hero Professor Progress. Free of the Infirmians control, Gravitron joined Earth's heroes in their victorious battle to drive the aliens away.

Description: enormous, made of metal and really, really strong. Gravitron speaks with a deep, baritone's voice thanks to the Professor's changes (he had a metallic, robotic voice when he served the Infirmians).

Determination: 1

Qualities:
- Catchphrase: “Prepare to be CRUSHED!”
- Connection: Professor Progress
- Motivation: Protect Earth and its inhabitants
- Epithet: Mighty Fighting Robot
- Identity: Ex-Infirmian Superweapon

Challenges:
- Enemy: Captain Mikus, head of the Infirmian Expeditionary Force
- Personal: really, really clumsy
- Social: giant scary metal robot
- Weakness: magnetism and magnetic powers

Eduardo Penna
Man, Champions is definitely a game I'd like to get into, but my rig's not as up to snuff. But if you're looking for character art, I'm doing Wave One of the Hero Packs right now, with a price break for folks who pre-ordered!

Ask anyone who took part in Wave Zero, it's a heck of a bargain! :)

Dan

Gareth-Michael Skarka

Banned
I'll ask here as the other thread has been shut down, have all the pre order links been sent out as I haven't been sent one, I ordered mine through Leisure games of London on the 25th of Feb. :(
Leisure Games wasn't intended to be part of the Pre-Order plus Bonus Materials package -- it was just for a PDF to accompany the print book upon release. The Bonus package was only available via the Adamant Entertainment and Cubicle 7 websites.

Apparently, though, there was some confusion regarding that -- so I've gone ahead and honored the Leisure Games orders as part of the Bonus Materials package program. I got the Leisure Games orders email addresses from Angus at Cubicle 7 earlier today, and the links have been sent.

If you've still not received the link, drop me a line at gms@adamantentertainment.com

Leisure Games wasn't intended to be part of the Pre-Order plus Bonus Materials package -- it was just for a PDF to accompany the print book upon release. The Bonus package was only available via the Adamant Entertainment and Cubicle 7 websites.

Apparently, though, there was some confusion regarding that -- so I've gone ahead and honored the Leisure Games orders as part of the Bonus Materials package program. I got the Leisure Games orders email addresses from Angus at Cubicle 7 earlier today, and the links have been sent.

If you've still not received the link, drop me a line at gms@adamantentertainment.com
You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman!

CHARLIBANANAS

Validated User

I'm sorry to have wasted your time, I just checked my work E-Mail and its been there since early this evening! :eek:

As for the confusion with Leisure Games, I'm glad that you have sent out the PDF, it's this kind good will that makes new fans, I haven't bought any other Adamant Entertainment games before, but will now take a good look at your catalogue. Expect more money soon! :D

All the best
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom