• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[I'm a bad nerd] How do you pronounce 'Darkseid'?

Andrew Tatro

Zod Almighty
Validated User
It's pretty definitively Dark Side, underlined by the fact that when he's reborn into an Earth body, he becomes Boss Dark Side who runs the Dark Side Club.

Monkey King

Your computer is literally haunted
Validated User
I am now amusing myself by imagining Plastic Man derailing a Justice League meeting by asking if it's really DarkSIDE or DarkSEED, and the various other members all arguing amongst themselves because none of them were totally sure either.

Andrew Tatro

Zod Almighty
Validated User
I am now amusing myself by imagining Plastic Man derailing a Justice League meeting by asking if it's really DarkSIDE or DarkSEED, and the various other members all arguing amongst themselves because none of them were totally sure either.
Don't be absurd.

Batman ALWAYS knows.

g026r

I'm a boat
Validated User
Depends: this one of the incarnations with Mr. Miracle in it or not?

"Granny Goodness used to punish me when I said anything other than 'SIDE', so..."

Edit: Though I am imagining it coming through as an emergency transmission while the league is in the middle of a meeting. "Guys, we've got a major problem here. (beat) Is it pronounced DarkSIDE or DarkSEED?"

xnbach

Retired User
I think I like my version better, and I'll fight any many, woman, or bear who tells me I'm wrong.
Even a corpse-eating Russian bear?

In any case, I always pronounced it Dark-side
1. Because of the whole Dark Side pun
2. Because, as has been mentioned, in German it would be pronounced like dark-side. When confronted with a word I'm not sure how to pronounce, I usually default to German, because I only know two languages and I'm at least German pronounciation is consistant.
3. Because anytime he shows up on TV, it's pronounced dark-side

That being said, one of my best friends always says dark-seed and he owns a comic shop. This doesn't mean he's right or anything, but I'm not going to correct him because it's my favorite comic shop :)

Albert

Validated User
German's a reasonable go-to for pronunciation, since it's a kissing cousin to English. Dark Side.

-Albert

Top Bottom