🎨 Creative (I'm New Here) Give Me Some Golden/Silver Age Style Superheroes/Villains

NautilusComics

"Insert Famous Quote Here!"
Validated User
Hi everyone. I'm new to the Rpgnet Forums, but one thing for sure, I do love me some superheroes. So this is what I want: Golden/Silver Age style champions of justice or alternatively dastardly rogues for the heroes to oppose. I do have some rules:
•preferrably no occult stuff.
•Super-science is appreciated and
•Have fun and be creative!
•

NautilusComics

Validated User
One more thing I forgot to mention: This is a campy Golden/Silver Age Style campaign in a modern setting. Super-science exists (and is referred to as esotech) and magic and sorcery don't exist, so no Doctor Strange's, Doctor Fates, Zatannas or John Constantines.

drl2

Validated User
I run a Mighty Protectors campaign based very slightly in the universe described in the game's manual, and about half of my characters have ended up magic based... but there are a few who might fit the criteria. MP provides a means to generate characters mostly-randomly, and I've found it kind of a fun creative exercise to to generate a set of stats+powers and then try to build a character concept around them.

I have a blog featuring short write-ups and character sheets for the characters I've used so far.

(My campaign is at the "low" power level, meaning it's more street-level heroes and villains than higher-powered types. It will also become apparent that I'm incapable of taking most of them completely seriously.)

Among the villains who might qualify are:
- Mother Superior, a nun-chuck wielding nun-ja
- Bombardier, sort of Ripley's exoskeleton thing from Aliens with a clunkier version of The Scorpion's tail mounted on it
- Management Trainee Higgins, a rising star (in his mind) in a criminal organization; wears powered armor
- Flower Child, a plant-controlling mutant hippie who's, like, fighting the corrupt system, man. (He may turn darker and rename himself Weed at some point)

Heroes:
- Captain Generica, world-famous hero who lives in poverty after losing a copyright lawsuit
- Alexa, an AI whose body currently consists of an alien device she doesn't fully understand
- Aria, who has a mutant sonic power but often relies more on gadgets she has access to as a member of an elite rescue squad
- Vinny from the Bronx, who knows a guy who cut him a deal on some high-tech armor and a blaster rifle.

drl2

Validated User
Oh, and Busybody, a relic of 50s house-wifery whose cleaning job at a biotech lab ended up giving her the amoeba-like ability to divide into copies of herself.

NautilusComics

Validated User
Sweet, In my campaign I have:
•Captain Miniscule, a sarcastic size-shrinking hero from Canada.
•Sharkman, a marine biologist infused with great white shark DNA.
•Miss Majesty: A genetically-enhanced woman from an alternate universe.
•Stalagtitan: Captain of the Royal Guard for the subterranean race called the Morlocks.
•Deadwood: My swamp thing, a hulking mass of rotting wood and decaying plant matter.
•Neutrino: a non-copreal superhero from Japan
•Magpie: A daredevil and professional thief who can create portals to a pocket dimension, who works with the others for a measure of amnesty for her crimes.

I'm playing in a Masks game right now, and we've had a fun time coming with side characters. Notable ones include:
-Dirty Bulk, an evil powerlifter who turned to crime to pay for his supplements. He has superhuman strength, but has to eat a full meal every twenty five minutes to maintain it.
-Crystal Methusala, an aging drug kingpin.
-Mr. Baseball, a supervillain with the power to create up to eight doubles of himself, allowing him to form his own baseball team.
-Anklebiter, a little person lex luthor-style mad scientist with metal teeth.
-Spider-Back, a spiderman/Doctor Octopus hybrid with a set of mechanical spider legs grafted onto his back.
-South Pole Santa, an evil version of Santa Claus.
-Rock Lobster, a human-lobster hybrid made out of granite.
-Carnivorous Cube, a D&D-themed villain with the ability to turn into acidic slime.
-Broseidon, a sort of Jersey-Shore Aquaman.

And my favorite:
-AAAAAAAA, an attention-seeking supervillain who took the name he did so he would end up at the beginning of every list of supervillains. He had black canary-esque shouting powers.

In terms of teams, there was a golden-age Justice League analog called the Awesomenoughts, who were opposed by a Legion of Doom analog called the Not-Awesomes.

NautilusComics

Validated User
A "Reverse Flash" Santa is way too funny 😆
And Brosideon and Rock Lobster are cool too- I'm a huge fan of sealife and aquatic things 😀
Did your Masks have any individual heroes aside from the Awesomenaughts?

A "Reverse Flash" Santa is way too funny 😆
And Brosideon and Rock Lobster are cool too- I'm a huge fan of sealife and aquatic things 😀
Did your Masks have any individual heroes aside from the Awesomenaughts?
There's also this guy named Galaxion, who has divination powers and is one of our professors at our superhero academy. Despite not ever engaging in any sort of crime-fighting or adventuring, he always wears a bright purple superhero costume when teaching. He is the only person to wear a costume while teaching.

NautilusComics

Validated User
There's also this guy named Galaxion, who has divination powers and is one of our professors at our superhero academy. Despite not ever engaging in any sort of crime-fighting or adventuring, he always wears a bright purple superhero costume when teaching. He is the only person to wear a costume while teaching.
His classes must be awesome 😀
My campaign had this thing during World War II where this German scientist named Otto Schmidt developed "Gyropanzers" which are giant weaponised spinning tops that Nazi soldiers roamed around in.
Hours of fun for the players! 😉

Top Bottom