🎨 Creative (I'm New Here) Give Me Some Golden/Silver Age Style Superheroes/Villains

drl2

Validated User
Forgot about these because I haven't built the NPCs yet, but I'm going to be adding a new superteam local to the PCs and made of entirely of members whose powers are, shall we say... questionable, but they'll get a lot of public attention for a while. An organization called CUSP (Coalition of Unlicensed Special Protectors - MP has a concept of heroes being licensed, which gives them some degree of legal protection) will start running commercials on TV during the next session or two:

"Do you have an awesome superpower that's been overlooked by the superhero community? Do you want to work for a better world but aren't sure how you can help? You might be just the kind of person CUSP is looking for! Skip the cumbersome licensing process and enjoy the protection of our legal team while you use your abilities for the benefit of mankind! We're now forming teams in most states along the eastern seaboard - inquire by phone or through our web site!" (Accompanied by a bad CGI animation of a bank robbery being foiled by a costumed man directing a swarm of butterflies)

The roster of the local CUSP branch will look something like this:

Mantra - powerful (as in hard to save vs.) mind control powers, but limited to forcing people to sit cross-legged and chant a phrase of her choosing repeatedly
The Weeble - wobbles, but he won't fall down
Mister Bubble - literally summons and controls mass quantities of soap bubbles
The Sleeper - Almost completely invulnerable to most forms of physical damage, but only while he's asleep. Carries a big bottle of sleeping pills. Usable as a club or shield by anyone with sufficient strength
Lefty - Incredibly strong, but only on one side of his body. Sufficient strength to use The Sleeper as a club or shield.

drl2

Validated User
Nope, not familiar with them. I don't actually read comics very often these days even though I'm playing a comic-based game.

NautilusComics

"Insert Famous Quote Here!"
Validated User
Hey, sorry for not responding earlier πŸ˜₯
The Legion of Substitute Heroes are the guys who didn't make the cut for DC Comics's Legion of Superheroes. Instead of getting bitter over it, they formed a new team and use their abilities the best the can, in order to help people. Stone Boy is this guy who can turn his body into rock-hard granite (think Colossus) but once in this state, he can't move until he turns back.
Anyway, enough about DC Comics. This thread is about being creative so do you have any other heroes or villains from CUSP?

NautilusComics

Validated User
I'm playing in a Masks game right now, and we've had a fun time coming with side characters. Notable ones include:
-Dirty Bulk, an evil powerlifter who turned to crime to pay for his supplements. He has superhuman strength, but has to eat a full meal every twenty five minutes to maintain it.
-Crystal Methusala, an aging drug kingpin.
-Mr. Baseball, a supervillain with the power to create up to eight doubles of himself, allowing him to form his own baseball team.
-Anklebiter, a little person lex luthor-style mad scientist with metal teeth.
-Spider-Back, a spiderman/Doctor Octopus hybrid with a set of mechanical spider legs grafted onto his back.
-South Pole Santa, an evil version of Santa Claus.
-Rock Lobster, a human-lobster hybrid made out of granite.
-Carnivorous Cube, a D&D-themed villain with the ability to turn into acidic slime.
-Broseidon, a sort of Jersey-Shore Aquaman.

And my favorite:
-AAAAAAAA, an attention-seeking supervillain who took the name he did so he would end up at the beginning of every list of supervillains. He had black canary-esque shouting powers.

In terms of teams, there was a golden-age Justice League analog called the Awesomenoughts, who were opposed by a Legion of Doom analog called the Not-Awesomes.
Any more information on Brosideon? He actually sounds pretty cool 😎

Last edited:

drl2

Validated User
Anyway, enough about DC Comics. This thread is about being creative so do you have any other heroes or villains from CUSP?
Not at the moment - I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to work them into my campaign.

But this weekend my players will meet Uncanny Valley Girl, an android heroine from the 80s who was recently discovered de-activated in the trunk of a rusted-out old Trans Am. She's eager to catch up on what she's missed out on, but having trouble because apparently Comp-U-Serve has changed its local dial-up number.

NautilusComics

Validated User
Not at the moment - I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to work them into my campaign.

But this weekend my players will meet Uncanny Valley Girl, an android heroine from the 80s who was recently discovered de-activated in the trunk of a rusted-out old Trans Am. She's eager to catch up on what she's missed out on, but having trouble because apparently Comp-U-Serve has changed its local dial-up number.
Sounds interesting πŸ˜€
Hope you and your players have a great time!

Manitou

Emperor of the Americas
Validated User
Hmm, not exactly a superhero, but he wears a hightech costume and uses a code name. The Eye is more of a support type character. He has his own intelligence network, satellite network etc. He feed Info to good guys through various means. Sometimes good guys know he's giving info, sometimes they thinks its another source, sometimes they get an anonymous tip, sometimes they have a hunch or feeling they can't explain.
The Eye has gotten a bit paranoid and live in their own satellite headquarters. Which they are steadily expanding and upgrading. Several families of workers live there now. They help with maintenance, upgrades, Information management and helping keep The Eye tied to reality.

Top Bottom