• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[I'm turning 40 tomorrow, 30/8] Give me: 101 features of a supervillain prison

nifoc

Validated User
So I am turning 40 and I am turning to the wisdom (or collective insane minds) of RPGnet for inspiration for a supervillain (or the occasional framed superhero) prison.

The Raft, the Cube, The Kyln, the Phantom Zone...where you lock away people who would escape any normal supermax prison in an instant.

What are the features of such a place, its' guards, staff, cells, fellow inmates and security systems? Custom cells for specific prisoners is cool, even for established Marvel or DC superheroes if it's easier to design for established characters.

Thank you all in advance, I look forward to reading any crazy and/or amazingly inspired ideas you can come up with

csyphrett

Validated User
The Paine Holding Center is a modular system designed for holding any number of prisoners. If a new cell has to be added, a small crew will be able to do that in a couple of days.

The Paine is named for Tempus Paine, alias the Size, and uses her shrinking technology to reduce the prison to the size of a six sided dice. If a prisoner should happen to escape, he will remain reduced to the equivalent size.
CES

KaijuGooGoo

Not Woke until I’ve had my Coffee
RPGnet Member
Validated User
There’s at least one imprisoned mastermind who has turned his intellect to the legal defense of other prisoners, some of whom may have actually be wrongly convicted.

Futurella

Social Justice Witch
Validated User
Some facilities would be, or at least contain, a complete cathedral with a full staff. Only constant prayers and sacraments and the authority of an archbishop can contain villains like Dr Diablo, Lady Walpurgis, and Zull. They need to be imprisoned on holy ground and sealed into special crypts. The whole thing is terribly expensive. Let's hope no scandals undermine religious authorities this year.

Drogo

Unrepentant Gamer
RPGnet Member
Validated User
4) A super-villain prison will have two, self-sufficient power systems. Each will be able to source all power requirements by it's self. One of the systems will be captured Kree/ Skrull/ Thanagarian/ whatever tech.

MoonHunter

Game Guru-Thread Shepherd
RPGnet Member
Validated User
5) Neuroinductor collars or bracelets that inhibit most paranormal powers.
6) Food that is okay, if not good. After all, if these people riot about poor food it could be dangerous.
7) Color coded prison uniforms so you can identify the skilled normals, the level of super power dangers. In a super prison with power supression, the super skilled villain goes from upper minion to the top of the heap.
8) Small pods. There is no big yard time where everyone not in isolation can get together. No, everyone is stuck in small groups... often with the same power level or power type.
9) Gas Projectors. Let us face it, sleep gassing everyone in an area will solve most prison violence issues. The guards do not regularly carry gas masks (because that would make them a target the moment the gas starts).

Futurella

Social Justice Witch
Validated User
Luxury apartments. After all, ShatterMoon is heir to the Andromedan Imperium. Someday, she will rule a billion worlds. When that day comes, we might care how she remembers her time on Earth (we cant just let her go, she is dangerous, and the Andromedan peace treaty specifices her serving out her time on earth. Bloody aliens.)

SlideAway

failing every quest
Banned
Validated User
11) A ping pong room with a force field down the middle that only allows NON-MODIFIED ping pong balls to pass through at sub-supersonic speeds.

A few prisoners have been banned from ping pong after finding subtle ways to cheat the system.

Last edited:

Dystopian Dreamer

Validated User
x+1) A tesseract cell, for those felons who exist beyond our simple three dimensions.

x+2) Your standard oubliette.

x+3) The chamber of whispers, where the convict is continually reminded of their crimes and the harm they've done.

Top Bottom