IMPORTANT: Just a note on tags for this forum...

Danger Mouse

Social Justice Mouse
Validated User
Re: Just a note on tags for this forum...

I agree. :)

That said, I really don't like referring to 4e as "Dungeons & Dragons 4.0". That .0 at the end is a leftover from 3.Xe, and has nothing to do with the new edition unless WotC releases some sort of "revised 4.5e", which they explicitly have said is not gonna happen. Of course, that could very well change in a couple of years, but for now the new edition is 4e, not 4.0e.

So, could we please change it to "Dungeons & Dragons 4"? Otherwise it's all good.
I second this.

masshysteria

Zombie Apocalypse Survior
Validated User
Questions/Comments for Darrens:
  • What is the reasoning behind going with "Dungeons & Dragons" over "D&D"? It seem like D&D would make a better tag. It is short (allowing more more for descriptive post titles), descriptive, and three key strokes "D&D" rather than four "Dung".
  • I'll also further the cause of 4 over 4.0. There is no need for those second two characters and it is a break from everything put forth regarding the name of 4th edition.
  • Will there be sub tags for settings? It makes sense to have Eberron, Forgotten Realms, etc. tagged. And if that is the case "[Dungeons & Dragons 4.0 - Eberron] How to add Tielfings into the setting?" Gets to be a bit long, see points 1 and 2.

Kath

The Furthest Away
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Questions/Comments for Darrens:
  • What is the reasoning behind going with "Dungeons & Dragons" over "D&D"? It seem like D&D would make a better tag. It is short (allowing more more for descriptive post titles), descriptive, and three key strokes "D&D" rather than four "Dung".
  • I'll also further the cause of 4 over 4.0. There is no need for those second two characters and it is a break from everything put forth regarding the name of 4th edition.
  • Will there be sub tags for settings? It makes sense to have Eberron, Forgotten Realms, etc. tagged. And if that is the case "[Dungeons & Dragons 4.0 - Eberron] How to add Tielfings into the setting?" Gets to be a bit long, see points 1 and 2.
Err, tags don't go in the title of a thread. Instead, they're tags that apply to the thread as a whole (you can see them at the bottom of threads).

Alvin Frewer

Classical Rebel
Err, tags don't go in the title of a thread. Instead, they're tags that apply to the thread as a whole (you can see them at the bottom of threads).
Oh, wow, we have tags. :confused:

Well, in that case, the only problem is "Dungeons & Dragons 4.0" doesn't fit at all. It should be 4E (3.0 should be 3E for that matter) or 4th Edition or 4th or whatever. But not 4.0.

Mapache

Trickster God
Validated User
So we converged on Dungeons & Dragons 4e (its actual name) instead of Dungeons & Dragons 4.0, and had been happily tagging along. Could we get the first post edited to reflect that? Also, could we clean up the tag database—someone labeled something 4.0 last week, and it's starting to spread like a virus now that people are selecting it from the dropdown, though there's only seven "4.0"s compared to hundreds of "4e"s.

(In fact if the dropdown listed how many threads already had a tag, that'd be great, and help people to converge on a common vocabulary. It wouldn't even need to be updated real-time or be particularly accurate to be useful.)

The tags that we're using for the different versions of this game are as follows:

Dungeons & Dragons
Rules Cyclopedia
AD&D 1st edition
AD&D 2nd edition
Dungeons & Dragons 3.0
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5
Dungeons & Dragons 3.X
Dungeons & Dragons 4.0

Open Gaming License
What about Pathfinder RPG and True20?

Top Bottom