• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

In the Grim Darkness of the 41th Millennium, there is only... Peace in our time?

Gogmagog

Validated User
A rather late honoring of Fred Rogers, but envision that every March 20th, all violence in the galaxy of WH40K+ ceases due to the boundless love of Fred Rogers. Blades stay sheathed, wagghs are silent, nothing is BLAMMED. Just peace.

Of course, it won't last for all that long, perhaps only an hour. But that might be enough for a few sparks of love to be lit and allow people to escape for a time. Just how do posters here see things happening with the various factions? Serious or funny with the classic dark humor. Prose or factual. Let your fingers and hearts bring forth the love of Mr.Rogers.

"Don't forget, I love you no matter who you are."

Robert McGregor

Validated User
I doubt anyone would notice. Maybe extremely powerful psykers or godlike beings might sense something strange, but it ends so quickly that there is barely any time to analyze it or really even that much to notice. Maybe Khorne takes the most notice as he can likely sense all violence in the galaxy simultaneously. For Khorne, it might be the equivalent of his heart stopping for a few seconds.

Scurrilous

Validated User
Now we know what got into those space ork madboyz who decided everyone was just friends.

The Imperium just had a bureaucratic foul up so large the Imperial Guard stopped fighting for a whole hour.
The Eldar were fascinated to discover a new fragrance and stopped a moment to appreciate it.
The T'au had to redo the kerning on all their letterhead to add the apostrophe. "This is a "catastrophe"" the Ethereal was heard to say.
The Spacemarine's armour oiling rituals just happened to synch up once.
The Sisters of Battle were having a camp fire and singing Kumbya, this happens frequently despite repeated purges by the =][=nquisition.
The Necrons probably just had a large update reboot.
Chaos understood the need for a statistical anomaly like this to happen eventually if they didn't want their license to the "Chaos" brand name to lapse.

Gogmagog

Validated User
The Slanneshi have safe,sane,consensual sex with hand holding because they discovered it was a kink they never tried.

Gogmagog

Validated User
Dark Eldar do the Safe,Sane,Consensual thing and then stop when the Head Honcho yells at them for being perverted fucks.

SibKhatru

Validated User
That's the phrase, "peace in our time," which misquotes "peace for our time..." but so close that it would make my mom's blood boil, veins pop, and then, curses for Neville. The tirade would last quite a while... shaking fist and raving. To be clear: she was Slovak, born in 1923. Barely escaped when the Nazis were allowed to crawl in under detente. The Munich Agreement is a black mark in our family history.

{She would have loved Darkest Hour... heck, I didn't want that movie to end}

KaijuGooGoo

Not Woke until I’ve had my Coffee
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The God-Emperor decides to not eat any psykers that day.

The Kroot ate Mr Rogers, and will be chill until they're done digesting.

Gogmagog

Validated User
The Inquisitors delay an Exterminus because they get into a fashion argument about which way the leading point of their hats should go.

Top Bottom