[In which I review] New anime, Fall 2011

Do Deca Hedron

Nice day for a wedding
Validated User
Re: Third Episode of Fate/Zero.

Poor Waver. This kinda stuff isn't what he was expecting at all.
Though I am very much pleased to see Maya, one of my favourite characters from the light novels. And I'm certain that a thousand slashfic writers have already began Saber/Irisveil fics.

Katsue

Young Witch
Validated User
Though I am very much pleased to see Maya, one of my favourite characters from the light novels. And I'm certain that a thousand slashfic writers have already began Saber/Irisveil fics.
I'd kind of suspected that Subaru from Mayo Chiki's character design might have been inspired by Saber. Having seen this episode, I am now certain of it.

Do Deca Hedron

Nice day for a wedding
Validated User
I'd kind of suspected that Subaru from Mayo Chiki's character design might have been inspired by Saber. Having seen this episode, I am now certain of it.
Never heard of her.

*looks up on the interwebz*

That's basically Saber with orange hair. ...Does she even have that same type of ribbon that Saber has when she's in Knight form?

Wolfwood2

Validated User
So what do people who haven't play Persona 4 think about the second episode?
Everybody seems to be taking the existence of magic televisions that lead into alternate dimensions where the dark side of you psyche roams free with relative calmness. At the very least, some idea of why all this is happening and why to these people in particular is in order.

Main character needs more personality.

Wolfwood2

Validated User
Guilty Crown
(22 episodes, noitaminA)

Inori, a pop singer who somehow managed to smuggle a vial of something out of a lab. After a long chase scene, she gets arrested right in front of Shu (after stumbling into his little hideout), but not before giving him the vial, so that he can transmit it to...
I couldn't get over the idiocy of the bad guys arresting her. Hmmm, this fugitive escaped with something we are trying to locate and retrieve. We discovered her hiding in a building, badly wounded. Do we:
A. Search the building to see if she concealed something here in her hiding place; maybe question the student she was discovered with?
or
B. Immediately haul her away without even a cursory look around that might have revealed her robot assistant sitting there. In plain sight.

They weren't just holding the idiot ball. They were trying to see how many idiot balls they could fit inside their mouth!

A more major problem is the protagonist, who needs to shape up and stop whining very quickly if he wants not to be overshadowed by the much more charismatic supporting cast.
See, I read the posts on this thread, but now that I've actually watched the episode I have no idea what you're talking about.

The protagonist declines to tackle a bunch of guys armed with guns to prevent them from dragging the singer away, an entirely sensible decision. He then feels guilty about it because his decision was driven by fear, even though it was the right thing to do even if he hadn't been terrified. To make up for it, he decides to involve himself in this incredibly risky business for no other reason than because he wants to do something right. By the end of the episode, he's charging into mechas shooting guns to try to help the singer.

Shape up? This guy is practically a shonen action protagonist!

Chaotic Confused

Validated User
Everybody seems to be taking the existence of magic televisions that lead into alternate dimensions where the dark side of you psyche roams free with relative calmness.
I have the same problem, particularly with the male friend's turn on a dime from 'that's not true, that's impossible!" to "Evil Me is a pretty cool guy."

Apparently the game suffers from the opposite problem - to much time spent waiting for the cast to figure out things the player has already figured, then explaining it to other people, then getting everyone to accept it. They've compressed maybe two and a half hours of game time into these two twenty minute episodes.

Top Bottom