• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[In which I review] New anime, Fall 2011

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Looked kind of like him, anyway. By the way, just how old is Saber supposed to be?
Well, from the dream flashbacks in Fate/Stay Night, it seems she hasn't aged since she pulled the sword from the stone, so maybe 16 or so going on 35?

Barret

Validated User
Arturia's age was frozen from the moment she pulled Caliburn from the stone so she is about 15-16 going on anywhere from late 20's to late 40's early 50's depending on how long you think her reign lasted.

Last edited:

Wolfwood2

Validated User
Arturia's age was frozen from the moment she pulled Caliburn from the stone so she is about 15-16 going on anywhere from late 20's to late 40's early 50's depending on how long you think her reign lasted.
You know, I have to think that it's more than Arturia's philosophy of rulership that alienated her from her fellow knights. Not only is she a woman, but she's an eternally unaging beauty standing remote from regular humanity. Not only does she have a magical scabbard that heals any wound, a magical sword that defeats any foe, but she also doesn't age?

Really, you might as well be ruled by a faerie queen.

Mejiro

I think I'm a Drow now
Validated User
You know, I have to think that it's more than Arturia's philosophy of rulership that alienated her from her fellow knights. Not only is she a woman, but she's an eternally unaging beauty standing remote from regular humanity. Not only does she have a magical scabbard that heals any wound, a magical sword that defeats any foe, but she also doesn't age?

Really, you might as well be ruled by a faerie queen.
Well, she is 'the king betrayed by her country' so taking up the reins of power and then having that sever her ties to ever being normal seems entirely in-theme. Not quite as capricous or cruel as a faerie queen (and she tried to do well) but yeah, she ended up pretty distant from everything she was working to protect.

Wolfwood2

Validated User
Well, she is 'the king betrayed by her country' so taking up the reins of power and then having that sever her ties to ever being normal seems entirely in-theme. Not quite as capricous or cruel as a faerie queen (and she tried to do well) but yeah, she ended up pretty distant from everything she was working to protect.
I mostly chuckle at it because it shows the ridiculous extremes gone to in order to make sure that no important character in anime/visual novels is ever over 17 years old. Because you can't have the protagonist hooking up with a mature adult woman! (At least not physically.)

Rabbit Éclair

high in vital bunnytonium
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I mostly chuckle at it because it shows the ridiculous extremes gone to in order to make sure that no important character in anime/visual novels is ever over 17 years old. Because you can't have the protagonist hooking up with a mature adult woman! (At least not physically.)
Unless it's an H-game and it's his mother, at least.

CynoT

Nuclear Energy Advocate
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Onegai Teacher: Trope averted. Or inverted.

JELEINEN

Sizzler Black Squadron
Validated User
Anyone else still watching Horizon? Man, those last few episodes have been really awesome. Some of the best over the top fights I've seen in a long time (accountant taking on a giant robot being my favorite of what we've had so far).

ru

temporary avatar
RPGnet Member
Validated User
still watching, still confused. but in a good way :)

Top Bottom