[In Which I Review] New anime, Fall 2013

Quasar

Feeling kinda smurfy
Validated User
I failed to last more than two minutes...didnt even make it through the scene where we meet the two male characters. Didnt like them or the art.

Rabbit

Validated User
I failed to last more than two minutes...didnt even make it through the scene where we meet the two male characters. Didnt like them or the art.
I think I may give it another couple of episodes in the hope the heroine manages to turn this situation around. I realise that is unlikely given the source material but I live in hope.

ru

temporary avatar
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I got about ten minutes into it.

as others have mentioned, what always gets me about this genre is there's clearly a demographic for it, or they wouldn't keep getting made. It's like watching life on another planet and thinking "I see what they're doing, but I don't get why."

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"I see what they're doing, but I don't get why."
And to their credit, they're doing a very good job of it. If you're in the market for this kind of story, then this is a remarkable example of it.

It's just that I'd rather this level of craft be deployed on projects with a bit more universal an appeal.

Sage Genesis

Two
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Pfff, how bad can it be? You guys are clearly just not of the right culture or target audience. What do you know? Here, I'll go watch it myself.

*gets to about three and a half minutes*

Whoa! :eek:

Whoa whoa whoa, this isn't cool! This is not cool at all! What the fuck am I watching?!

*gets to about eight minutes*

I am currently assigning Vampire the Masquerade clans to the various brothers. The glasses guy is Ventrue. Child-like one is a Fishmalk. Wall-punching looks like Brujah. Hat-guy is Toreador. Mysterious couch-leaning guy with headphones who knows stuff strikes me as Tremere. Not sure who the redheaded rape-monster is. Gangrel in heat? Lasombra with certain icky ideas about how to establish dominance? Rogueish Ravnos?

Oh, why am I doing this you ask? Well, it's a defense mechanism. Thinking about RPGs helps my brain shield itself from what the eyes are trying to tell it. Damn this is vile stuff.

*gets to about nine and a half minutes*

Did... did you just say that her manners are bad? That she is doing something wrong here? Haha, oh wow!

*gets to the end*

I'm sorry you guys. I'm so, so sorry. I should not have doubted you.

Top Bottom