[In Which I Review] New anime, Fall 2013

Rabbit Éclair

high in vital bunnytonium
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Can... can we keep lesbian harem romances? :eek:
Is there such a thing? I'm drawing a blank on anime examples of the genre. Kashimashi is a love triangle. ... YuruYuri is an acyclic* directed graph. Everything else I can think of offhand has one relationship.

* A possible cycle of Kyoko=>Chinatsu=>Yui=>Kyoko can be supposed, depending on how you read Kyoko + Yui's relationship.

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Is there such a thing? I'm drawing a blank on anime examples of the genre. Kashimashi is a love triangle. ... YuruYuri is an acyclic* directed graph. Everything else I can think of offhand has one relationship.

* A possible cycle of Kyoko=>Chinatsu=>Yui=>Kyoko can be supposed, depending on how you read Kyoko + Yui's relationship.
I'm not sure about anime (or where the line between love triangle and harem is), but in manga, Iono-sama Fanatics features a literal lesbian harem (the POV character is a new harmette).

Fae

with true devotion
Validated User
as others have mentioned, what always gets me about this genre is there's clearly a demographic for it, or they wouldn't keep getting made. It's like watching life on another planet and thinking "I see what they're doing, but I don't get why."
Meanwhile, I'm on the other planet looking back, thinking the exact same thing. :)

I'm not sure about anime (or where the line between love triangle and harem is), but in manga, Iono-sama Fanatics features a literal lesbian harem (the POV character is a new harmette).

*adds to her list*

Rainfall

Validated User
It's not the program makers, it's the audience that I can't comprehend.
Between this, Twilight, True Blood and all the way back to Interview with a Vampire, it's a large audience. You could even add Fifty Shades of Grey to this.

People who like that stuff aren't deviant, no more than anybody else anyway. I'm no expert, but from what I gathered it's just fantasy and exploration of the darker side of sexuality. In a perfectly safe way where the audience is ultimately in control; you can close the book or hit the pause button at any time! it's really no different than watching a scary movie, where you can look as someone run for their life while their best friend is torn appart by zombies in lurid detail. Comfortably seated in a theater seat eating popcorn. It's a genre mostly by women and for women, so we're not as desenticised to it as we are for the boy stuff and the net is more critical of it.

All I'm trying to say is: don't be too judgemental of this show's audience. ;)

Wich includes at least one poster on this tread I might add.

Shay Guy

Validated User
Is there such a thing? I'm drawing a blank on anime examples of the genre.
If manga like Iono the Fanatics are acceptable, there's Yurika no Campus Life, about the most popular and worshiped and desired girl (think "TAKE ME, ONEE-SAMA!!" with a dash of "Be careful or she'll get you pregnant!") at a yuri fantasyland college... who also happens to be a thoroughly bewildered Kinsey 0.

Top Bottom