[In which I review] New anime, Summer 2012

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Probably those first two episodes were the last two in chronological order, at least so far.
I'm not so sure ; I'm under the impression that the protagonist learns of the Project in the third arc, which would push Y's episodes after the first arc. (i.e : 4-3-1-2.)

Shay Guy

Validated User
So I read some of the Kokoro Connect manga, and naturally, being a math guy, I got to wondering about whatever algorithm determines the swaps. Yeah, it says "random," but there's random and there's random. There are 119 ways for them to be out of order. 10 of those involve switching two people, 20 involve rotating three, 15 have two pairs, 30 rotate four, and 44 switch all five (24 full rotations, 20 three-and-two combos). Uh... yeah, that adds up. Most of the swaps I've seen were two people, so there has to be a probability bias toward that. Maybe it chooses a single swap randomly, then has a 50% chance of "layering" another swap on top of it? And maybe it keeps flipping the coin until it gets a negative answer.

I don't even know what the probability distributions for time-of-swap and duration would be.

Wolfwood2

Validated User
So I read some of the Kokoro Connect manga, and naturally, being a math guy, I got to wondering about whatever algorithm determines the swaps. Yeah, it says "random," but there's random and there's random. There are 119 ways for them to be out of order. 10 of those involve switching two people, 20 involve rotating three, 15 have two pairs, 30 rotate four, and 44 switch all five (24 full rotations, 20 three-and-two combos). Uh... yeah, that adds up. Most of the swaps I've seen were two people, so there has to be a probability bias toward that. Maybe it chooses a single swap randomly, then has a 50% chance of "layering" another swap on top of it? And maybe it keeps flipping the coin until it gets a negative answer.

I don't even know what the probability distributions for time-of-swap and duration would be.
My guess is it was determined by whatever Heartseed thought would give him the most lulz.

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I doubt the body swaps are really random. Especially since
Spoiler: Show
Heartseed was able to manipulate them at will in episode 5.

I'm kinda curious about the name for the new arc. "Hito random" was easy to parse, but what does "Kizu random" mean ? GoogleTranslate tells me it means something like mark/scratch/wound, but that doesn't match the new gimmick.

(Also, they've just announced the series will be 17 episodes in all. That sounds... interesting.)

Shay Guy

Validated User
I doubt the body swaps are really random. Especially since
Heartseed was able to manipulate them at will in episode 5.
That just requires a manual override. No reason he'd want to have to pick all of them himself. Unpredictability can be conducive to lulz.

Axiomatic

I mix a coat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Just watched Episode 5 of Kokoro Connect.

You got me, anime. You got me good. Also, ye gods, is the voice acting in this thing good or WHAT?

KoboldLord

Validated User
I'm not so sure ; I'm under the impression that the protagonist learns of the Project in the third arc, which would push Y's episodes after the first arc. (i.e : 4-3-1-2.)
In Y's episodes, the main character knew about the Project but didn't take it seriously because Y was slacking off and bleeding off UN resources without even trying to achieve her assigned goals.

In Pion's episodes, the main character learns that Serious People are actually taking the Project seriously, and she's actually going to have to play along rather than sit back and watch them crash and burn.

I don't think we have enough information to know where Y's arc fits into the narrative yet. It didn't have any callbacks to the first arc, though.

Kurotowa

Weird Science Nut
Validated User
Binbougamiga remains pretty funny. I think they've introduced all the characters in the OP by this episode.
Most of them. The cat and the other binbougami haven't shown up yet. Also Nadeshiko hasn't gotten into the main story, but she likely won't with only 13 episodes.

KoboldLord

Validated User
Episode 9 was the best episode of Humanity Has Declined since the first two. I can almost see the plot! It's like some sort of puzzle.

Top Bottom