• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[In Which I Watch] Sailor Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Svensson

Reads Too Many Comics
Validated User
I love how the writers try and find uses for Mercury's power. It's like a bad Superfriends episode trying to find a place for Aquaman.

Stephen Lea Sheppard

Be seeing you
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I dunno, I think confining the enemy to close-range vision when all your allies have ranged attacks isn't a bad combat debuff, as combat debuffs go.

Pandora Caitiff

Goblin Princess
Validated User
Re: Episode #18: Shingo's Innocent Love! A Sorrowful French Doll.

Ami /leaning on Usagi's shoulder. "Okay, there, now, shoot right there. Where I'm pointing!"
Firefly Sailor Moon crossover?
Ami: "Yes sir Captain Tight Tuxedo Pants sir!"
Rei: "I'll be in my shrine..."
etc

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"I'll be in my shrine!" :D :D :D A winner is you.

"Did Luna just go crazy and pass out?"
"Well, I sort of drugged her. I guess that's all right?"
"AMI I LOVE YOU."

I dunno, I think confining the enemy to close-range vision when all your allies have ranged attacks isn't a bad combat debuff, as combat debuffs go.
It's a good spell. A damn good spell.

But once she drops it out there, it's kind of… "Aaaaand, now what do I do? Throw rocks?"

JohnBiles

Validated User
Mercury also often is the street sweeper who cleans out the horde of zombies/minions/dolls/etc so the others can then go after the Youma of the Week.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Mercury also often is the street sweeper who cleans out the horde of zombies/minions/dolls/etc so the others can then go after the Youma of the Week.
Indeed! One reason this last episode was notable: the minions weren't taken out by the Mistress of Mist, so Rei needed to follow up with a little prayer action—thus giving the Mannikin time to grab Sailor Moon's neck and prepare it for wringing.

KoboldLord

Validated User
Spoiler: Show
That Character = Sailor Luna

I concur. I rather liked That Character, and she was far better than the character from the manga and anime that she replaced. The live action apparently made a point of hiring actresses with no acting skill whatsoever, and part of the fun is that you actually get to watch them learn to act as the show went on. The person playing That Character really wasn't worse than the actresses playing the main Senshi were when they first started, but she came in after they were already able to display actual emotion during the scenes, and it took That Character's actress some time to catch up.

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
[The live action apparently made a point of hiring actresses with no acting skill whatsoever, and part of the fun is that you actually get to watch them learn to act as the show went on.
That's actually a really horrible way to do things ^^

Though one of my favorite action movies, Versus, did the same thing (going so far that the better a secondary character's actor did, the longer their character lived), and it makes me interested in watching more eps.

HeWhoSpeaksOfDarkness

Banned
That's actually a really horrible way to do things ^^

Though one of my favorite action movies, Versus, did the same thing (going so far that the better a secondary character's actor did, the longer their character lived), and it makes me interested in watching more eps.
The live action sailor moon was a show I could only watch once. The second time I just felt like my brains were leaking out of my ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom