• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[In Which I Watch] Sailor Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Re: Episode #21: Protect the Children's Dreams! Friendship Linked by Anime.

Blazing Bat said:
I always wondered what her plan was, just in case Neprite was actually going to stick around and fight.
My guess? Stall for time until the others show up, they all seem to be able to sense when combat is going down between magical beings.

ru

temporary avatar
RPGnet Member
Validated User

In the very opening shot of the surreal opening credits, some building has 'Channel 10' on it in huge letters. I'm wondering if that might be the channel that broadcast Sailor Moon.
Juuban, the name of the Tokyo suburb, means "10th"; another reference perhaps?

ANT Pogo

Yuki Approved
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User

All the characters sound like the dub in my head, due to my watching it all over and over several times. Even when I watch my subs, they try to sound like the dub chars in my head.
Yeah, same thing for me.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Falcon Hit against Lavo's final form-- it takes out the Element-Absorbing Bit in one hit, and damages the other two.

Also, early on and later, Antipode. The damage is intense.

FireSword 2, Cube Toss... there's a lot of dual techs that I use.

This is a crazy digression, isn't it?
Well, we could check back in with one of the other digressions…

Luna /with shotgun. "Okay, Nephrite, you're going to make an honest woman out of her."
Nephrite /!

…no, not that one. How about…

"Yes, but in the French dub…"

…no, not that one either. I think we're cool. :)

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User

My guess? Stall for time until the others show up, they all seem to be able to sense when combat is going down between magical beings.
That is true. Usually arriving just after the first person has been worked over. So he could get them to show up easily enough… but he wants them to fight Team Gemini, can't drive up to the roof, and is "too cool" to walk there, so he doesn't play the game.

Ami has received a little reminder about range of engagement.

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User

Juuban, the name of the Tokyo suburb, means "10th"; another reference perhaps?
Azabu Juuban is a real district, so if anything the channel or the building might be named after it.

It's a pretty high-class part of Tokyo, incidentally, containing (among other things) a truckload of embassies. Makes you wonder what the ambassadors are thinking of all this.

Oh, and one last Obscure Sailor Moon Fact: Rei's Hikawa Shrine is part of a real "chain" of shrines, honoring Susano-O the Impetuous Male. ^.^

anowack

RPGnet Member
Validated User

It's a pretty high-class part of Tokyo, incidentally, containing (among other things) a truckload of embassies. Makes you wonder what the ambassadors are thinking of all this.
Man, if I'd done my research back in the day, I could have turned that into something mildly interesting in my Sailor Moon fanfic, what with dumping a few thousand youma into the heart of Juuban at one point.

Well, two points. But the second time was apocalyptic enough that embassies were shortly to become irrelevant.

Last edited:

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Azabu Juuban is a real district, so if anything the channel or the building might be named after it.

They're too tactful to say.

Oh, and one last Obscure Sailor Moon Fact: Rei's Hikawa Shrine is part of a real "chain" of shrines, honoring Susano-O the Impetuous Male. ^.^

Sounds perfect to me. :D

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
...yeah, that particular manifestation of the big guy would make a great boyfriend for Rei... ^.^

Next on Sailor Moon: the Senshi fight the Eight Wizards from Hell! ...And the only one who can make any sense at all of what's happening is Ami. "Look, it's simple, we just have to realign the karmic balance equations so that the naga doesn't spill over..."

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
...yeah, that particular manifestation of the big guy would make a great boyfriend for Rei... ^.^

Next on Sailor Moon: the Senshi fight the Eight Wizards from Hell! ...And the only one who can make any sense at all of what's happening is Ami. "Look, it's simple, we just have to realign the karmic balance equations so that the naga doesn't spill over..."
"…and then, using a hexlayer polarity field, we entrap the target's anti-parallel bipolar psychic elements! It. Could. Work!"

For those of you who have no idea, Orion is probably Masamune Shirow's most enjoyably incoherent graphic novel. It's basically "Shirow rambles on about quantum theory and Taoism, whilst (and at the same time) a hot chick and Susano Orbatos BLOW SHIT UP." Or, to put it another way: Timecube meets Exalted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom