• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[In Which I Watch] Sailor Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Re: Episode #24: Naru's Cry! Nephrite Dies For Love.

Oh, and did anyone else notice that when Nephrite asked the stars to do the targeting, Usagi didn't have to do any dodging at all?

-Albert
I noticed, but on the other hand that wouldn't be the first time she's been able to dodge without really trying. She put a lot of points in Dodge charms.

So it could be the stars fucking with him, true… or it could be Usagi using Flow Like Blood… or it could be "actually, she lost some HP from the area effect, but we don't animate blood until it gets serious."

For me, it is up in the air, as they say.

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
Re: Episode #24: Naru's Cry! Nephrite Dies For Love.

Also, why would you want to bring Nephrite back ? His story is over. He redeemed himself too late, got his tragic ending, and that's it. He's burnt all his bridges with his former evil colleagues, so he cannot really work as a villain without a lot of setup work (and it'd be a mockery of his redemption arc).

The only other thing left to do with him is to ship him off with Naru for a happy ending... which is a bit squicky and doesn't lend itself to tons of stories, let's be honest. Also, there are later events that may make that pairing less desirable.
Is that really all you can think of to do with him?

Love Redeems, Heel Face Turn, join the Senshi, bam!

It's totally what he would do if only he
Spoiler: Show
could remember who he really was and what that bitch Beryl did to him and the others.

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
After seeing Shadowjack's summary, I youtubed Nephrite's final clip and was not disappointed. Even about a decade after the fact, it's a pretty good scene.
One factor may be the use of the tune most commonly known as the "Locket Song" (it's actually a musicbox remix of the OP song, Moonlight Densetsu). It's strangely moving, and they had the sense to only wheel it out for scenes that deserved it.

elmerg

Validated User
I hope you keep doing this all the way up to Sailor Stars. I can't wait to see peoples' reactions to the insanity that is that...

(which is, by far, tame compared to the mindrape and murderfest that the Stars manga is! Gotta love Galaxia and her views on the universe, after all...)

Last edited:

MyriadOfShades

Friend, Roman, Countryman
One factor may be the use of the tune most commonly known as the "Locket Song" (it's actually a musicbox remix of the OP song, Moonlight Densetsu). It's strangely moving, and they had the sense to only wheel it out for scenes that deserved it.
Episode 110.

Just... episode 110.
Though the immediate aftermath is a necessary cop-out.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Genius takes time. And so does this sort of thing. Now in glorious COLOR.

("Battle School" is probably the meanest thing I have drawn or written to date.)

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Shadowjack, I love your art more and more every time I read it.

And Battle School rocks. And it's so very dead on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom