• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[In Which I Watch] Sailor Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Re: Episode #26: Bring a Smile to Naru's Face! Usagi's Friendship.

Spoiler: Show
The irony being that there is a Sailor Ceres, and it's canon that there cannot be a Sailor Earth - Mamoru takes the slot.

Oh, and technically Naru became Sailor N in a live-action OVA... but it doesn't count, obviously.
I was curious about this particular point, so I peeked.

Mamoru as "Earth" makes a certain sense, but then I must ask the obvious question: is there a Sailor Sun?

Also, wouldn't "a live-action OVA" be "a direct-to-video movie"? :)

Vessiel

RPGnet Member
Validated User

Mamoru as "Earth" makes a certain sense, but then I must ask the obvious question: is there a Sailor Sun?
That's Ranma.
According to fanfiction, anyway. :confused:

Did you know that is the most cross-over'd series with Sailor Moon in fanfiction, or was having them wander on set totally random? Not that the association in fanfiction isn't totally random too.

Last edited:

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
as for naru, as discussed. she's already fae. she can't exalt, but thigs could get...interesing if you get her back into the Wyld/Leng (on that note shadowjack from appearances thus far would you classify Big C as a yozi or a neverborn?)
Heh, I hadn't thought of that! I'm forgetting my own continuity!

Of course, they don't know that Naru's not quite human, so my butt is saved!

Hmmm… I am not as well-versed in Exalted lore as some here, but it looks like both Yozi and Neverborn fit well. (Just as I can't decide whether Solars or Sidereals work better for the Senshi… you could run it either way.)

aside from the fact that we've had our first two male youma in the entire series thus far, what have these guys had in common?

they're sins

boxy is wrath (in the dub, the uncursed preist decries violence), and the other guy was greed (host did just give his prizes away)
Well spotted! And he decries the violence in the sub, too.

That leaves us Gluttony, Sloth, Envy, Pride, and (of course) Lust to go.

JohnBiles

Validated User

Usagi /points at Naru. "How come she hasn't Exalted yet? Apart from my recruitment, the key element seems to be standing up to the Dark Kingdom face-to-face, and this is her second or third go-round… I mean, come on! Monsters flock to her anyway. She could be Sailor… uh, what's that asteroid?"
Makoto: "Ceres."
Usagi: "Sailor Ceres, maybe? Or Sailor Earth! Earth and Moon, fighting side by side! Hmmm?"
Luna: "You're not cleared for that information."
Usagi: "You mean you don't know."
Luna: "Maybe I do know and I just lost the wand. Did you think of that, clever girl, hmm?"
Makoto: "You really lost the wand?"
Luna: "…You're not cleared for that information."
I can't remember if the series has actually answered Usagi's question as of this point, though there is an answer to that. ^^;;

Naru certainly would have earned it, though. But you have to turn to fanfic for things like this:

As always, thanks for doing these recaps. I first saw the series with the Dub in 95-96 and fell in love with it, so it's cool to see someone watching it for the first time now.

No-Brand Hero

Heroicus Genericus
Validated User

Only in about a billion different fanfics, and as one of my favorite running gags in JohnBiles' SMZ fics :)

anowack

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I AM A CHAMPION! LOVELY PUNCH!

The fact that one of the humanized Seven Great Youma was nice surprised me the first time through this series.

Gargoylewing

flying over a post-factual world
Validated User

Sigh, now as there are spoileriffic tendencies anyway...
Mamoru as "Earth" will make a bit more sense later, and A LOT more sense even much MORE later...it will even be declared In-verse Canon in the end...

To the latter...well, fanwank (or: -on) and fanfic aside (let out alone Ranma. Some people were such not paying attention I guess...), at least, if you really wanna know,
there will, later, later, appear a character that fits this part, although had some reason not having appeared earlier. Plus, this character will know Mamorus old self very well...

sun_tzu

Validated User
Excellent recap.
...And I still maintain that Boxy was the most ridiculous monster in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom